Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Do you still want to eat that?

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by Wobbles, Oct 17th, 2013 at 15:33 PM.
Oct 17th, 2013, 15:33 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Do you still want to eat that?

What is the punishment for some tempting foods? According to womens health magazine:
  • Eat burger and chips and do 130 minutes swimming
  • Drink a milkshake and do 72 minutes of skipping
  • Eat a doughnut and do 88 minutes of crunches
  • Eat cheesecake and do 148 minutes of brisk walking
  • Eat 2 slices of pizza and do 159 minutes of climbing your stairs
Still appeal to have that one naughty option off the menu or cake?

Oct 17th, 2013, 17:07 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

Crumbs, I'm just finishing off a pizza! It's morrisons savers though, so hardly any cheese!

Oct 17th, 2013, 18:49 PM  
Bluebird

It really makes a person think twice when they figure how much work it will take to get rid of some of those foods. The doughnut isn't worth it, but the cheesecake just might be.

Oct 17th, 2013, 20:28 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

I'd have the donut over cheese cake! Plus, crunches aren't the best burner of calories, so I'm sure it would be less stair climbing

Oct 18th, 2013, 14:21 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Wow it certainly takes a lot of exercise to burn foods off! That's shocking and really does make you think twice!

Oct 24th, 2013, 05:21 AM  
dialectic

Quote:
Quote by Wobbles View Post
What is the punishment for some tempting foods? According to womens health magazine:
  • Eat burger and chips and do 130 minutes swimming
  • Drink a milkshake and do 72 minutes of skipping
  • Eat a doughnut and do 88 minutes of crunches
  • Eat cheesecake and do 148 minutes of brisk walking
  • Eat 2 slices of pizza and do 159 minutes of climbing your stairs
Still appeal to have that one naughty option off the menu or cake?
130 minutes swimming for a burger and chips? That is hard to believe as are the lengths of the other exercises. There is no way that I will off set two slices of pizza with over two hours of stair climbing. I'll just accept being a little fat. At least I'll be happy.

Oct 25th, 2013, 16:29 PM  
avidian

I do not punish myself if I want to eat something, I might work harder but I do not have a set of guidelines for each type of food (or drink). That seems like people are taking it down to a child level, are you grounding yourself for being human?

Oct 25th, 2013, 17:30 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I never punish myself

I guess the idea behind the article points out a rough idea of calories and the average burnt for each exercise (different activities burn calories and different speeds). If you're trying hard and indulge in something that later you think actually that wasn't very satisfying it makes you wonder if it was worth it, I have certainly had those days and comfortable relaxed days too! I'd rather not be putting all my effort into healthy eating and ramming burgers down my neck for the sake of it... The idea of the article and my post was... Do you really want to regardless of figures being bang on accurate.

Of course everyone has their comfortable with their body too, not everyone wants to be size 8 but "I'll accept being a little fat, at least I'm happy" ... This is a dieting support area of the forum where people are actively avoiding such foods on a regular basis.