Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Well seeing as I'm pretty much there - my story!

Thread in '

Maintaining

' Forum started by PrincessPikachu, Oct 11th, 2013 at 14:51 PM.
Oct 11th, 2013, 14:51 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

Well seeing as I'm pretty much there - my story!

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but haven't gotten around to it! I'm not quite at goal, cos I want to tone more, but weight wise, I think I'm done!

My highest weight was while I was pregnant, I tipped the scales at just over 13st - at the time I was 5'1 I felt so uncomfortable in myself! After my 2nd was born, I lost the baby weight in 10 days, but was still around 11st. I tried various diets and eventually managed to shift almost a stone, then I met my OH and piled it all back on and more besides! January 2012 was when I decided I needed to lose weight once and for all - I was almost 12st and nothing I owned fitted me and I'd never go out without a jumper or something to cover me up!

I've done various forms of exercise, 30ds, tried c25k, insanity and tried all sorts of other things. The main thing for me has been just trying to eat better, cut out snacks and eat smaller portions! I've also got a very, very active almost 4year old who keeps me on my toes

The change since I lost weight has been amazing, I do have my hang ups, hence me wanting to tone, but I'm so much more confident! We went on holiday this year and I actually wore a bikini, which I never thought I'd do again! Yes my belly's covered in stretch marks, but there's not a right lot I can do about that

My aim now is just to improve my fitness, tone up and hopefully stay happy and confident! I never ever want to gain the weight again and look back and wonder how I let myself get so big! I showed my oldest a pic of me whilst I was pregnant with her recently and she actually didn't realise it was me! Oh and I've grown 2 inches since I lost weight!

So the stats!
Highest weight: 13st+
start weight (Jan 2012): 12st-ish
Current weight: 9st2
Height: 5'3

Starting measurements (April 2012)
Calf: 15"
Thigh: 24"
Bum: 41"
Hips: 40"
Belly: 40"
Waist: 31.5"
Under boob: 32"
Boob: 41"
Arm: 10.5"

Smallest measurements (sept '13)

Calf: 14"
Thigh: 19.5"
Hips: 35"
Belly: 34.5"
Waist: 27.5"
Under boob: 29"
Boob: 35"
Arm: 10"

The measurements are up a little in places ATM, but I'm sure they'll shrink down soon enough! To me, taking measurements has been so, so important, cos even if the scales aren't shifting, the tape measure will! I've also taken a lot of photos along the way - I just hope I never lose my phone

The main differences I've noticed are a definite improvement in my mental health, my face shape is no longer round! It's the first place for me that gains weight and I've always had a million chins - now you can actually see where my jaw ends and my neck begins and I've always been led to believe that I was "big boned" and that I had child bearing hips! Yes, my hips are quite big, but it's actually because of the fat on them, my actual hip bones/pelvis isn't that big! I do carry a lot of weight there, but that can be sorted with exercise!

God I've rambled again, well done if you made it through

Oct 11th, 2013, 16:31 PM  
LorriX

That is excellent! I love hearing success stories because they make me feel like I can do this too!

You've lost a lot of inches. I know what you mean about the face being the first to gain weight. I am the same way and it makes me self conscious. I won't let anyone take my photo when I am out with friends. I don't want fat pictures of me posted all over on facebook. Fatfacebook is more like it!

I hope to get some of that self confidence back that I've lost. I am always trying to cover myself.

Congratulations! That is a great story!

Oct 11th, 2013, 18:05 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

Thanks Hun! I know what you mean about Facebook! I always heavily vetted photos and made people take multiple photos until I was happy! I'm so much more relaxed now! You'll get your confidence back! Last summer I was wearing jeans and hoodies even when it was really hot - this year I was in little dresses, shorts and vests and a bikini! Such a big difference!

Oct 14th, 2013, 21:10 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

You don't amazeballs chicky well done and good luck on the next part of your journey joining you soon I hope x

Oct 14th, 2013, 21:15 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

You'll be there before you know it hun!

Mar 18th, 2016, 08:05 AM  
jessicasimpson*

That is great! I love reading and hearing success stories because they motivate me and I get positive vibes that YES even I can do this !

Apr 20th, 2016, 13:29 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

How you getting on hunny? Miss you about x

Jul 25th, 2016, 06:53 AM  
HelenMiller

Hello PrincessPikachu, your story is really nice. Stretch marks are something very annoying and many women bother about it. There are various treatments in reducing stretch marks, but masseur cellulite along with proper diet and exercise is the most natural way of reducing cellulite.

Jan 24th, 2018, 11:24 AM  
CLindsey

That's really excellent.