Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Get weight off the thighs?

Thread in '

Exercise

' Forum started by Wobbles, Sep 30th, 2013 at 21:59 PM.
Sep 30th, 2013, 21:59 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Get weight off the thighs?

I have serious problems with my thighs

I should be hooray the old swimming costume was far too big so I went to buy a new one and when inspecting the mirror I realised my top thighs are just AWFUL. I've lost near 4 stones and some good inches through dieting and the gym but hardly nothing from this area... to add insult my boobs have shrunk, the arse has gone but the thighs are like MASSIVE (ok I'm a bit here because I am sulking) so my question is has anyone got any tips or tried and effective exercises to help shift some of this wobble ...

Oct 1st, 2013, 21:10 PM  
TwylaDee

It might just be easier to buy a swimsuit that has a skirted bottom.

How about one of those Suzanne Somers Thighmasters? I never tried one but I did use a machine at the gym that had the same movements.

Oct 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM  
Boogie

Wobbles, have you tried squats and lunges? I know that they work for some people and not for others. Toning up the thigh muscles might help shape them out and make you feel more confident. Actually, you should be glad that you still have a feminine asset since you've lost the other parts.

Oct 2nd, 2013, 13:59 PM  
avidian

I have yet to have any lick of luck in this area. I have always considering mine the "ice cream thighs" since I was in school and nothing has really changes. After biking I have killer legs and the thighs look okay but it depends on what I wear.

Oct 2nd, 2013, 16:59 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

My thighs are awful! They're so flabby! I don't have a clue how to sort them, but I did see an improvement when I did the 30 day squat challenge! My legs used to be pure muscle cos I did a lot of ballet, but there's hardly any muscle there now! I have lost 5" off each thigh though

Oct 2nd, 2013, 20:05 PM  
Chocoholic

I could do with losing 5" off my thighs too! That's where all my flab sits, really struggle to get rid of it! Have you tried 30 day shred? I only managed a a week on it but saw a slight change already.

I'm gonna dig mine back out when I've lost a few more lb's!

Oct 3rd, 2013, 09:13 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I do squats twice a weeks... Thing is I don't want to tone too much before losing more off them, I've always had big thighs (now is taking the piss though lol) which makes fitting of trousers a pain in butt! Maybe my only way is to squat more.... Not done lunges so I'll have to look into that and this thigh master! They can't stay like this

If look daft in a skirted swimming suit

Oct 3rd, 2013, 09:15 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Oh 30 day shred is a killer maybe I should look and see what exercises work the thighs from it and just adapt some exercises into my days I don't go to the gym!

Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:54 AM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

I've got her no more trouble zones DVD, I bet there's thigh stuff on there! Will have to look! I've had it since July and it's still in the wrapper

Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM  
LorriX

I have a Thighmaster! I like it. I haven't used it in about a year. Thanks for the reminder. I used to keep it next to my chair and several times during the day I would grab it and use it for 5 or 10 minutes. You can really feel it afterward!