Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

FatStu here...

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by FatStu, Apr 5th, 2019 at 16:03 PM.
Search this Thread

Apr 5th, 2019, 16:03 PM  
FatStu

FatStu here...

Hey guys and gals I'm FatStu. 41. 20 stone and sick to death of it. Been to the Doctor/Nurse and been referred to Slimming World. Got 12 weeks free. Start there on Tuesday.

Buggered if I'm going to have bariatric surgery.

Tried SW before and gave up. It wasn't happening fast enough. Having my sleep apnoea diagnosed and successfully treated should help this time.

I've lost a stone over the last four years just from using that!

Even though I'm not due till Tuesday I've started the SW way of life in earnest.
Couple of people have commented that I look like I'm losing weight already.

I've completely cut out bread, switched to diet coke - and snack on fruit rather than on crisps and chocolate. I also try to go out for half an hour's brisk walk at least once a day - an hour if I'm not working.

Feeling pretty depressed last night - but I calculated my BMI and miraculously I'm just obese. Not morbidly obese (which is what I was expecting).

So yeah.

First goal is to loose 12kg so I can take my kid to see a 4DX movie at our local cinema. Long term goal is to lose 5 stone. Would kind of like to do it for September if possible.

But yeah. I'm in this.

Nice to meet you all.

Apr 6th, 2019, 10:54 AM  
johnkane

Hi FatStu, nice to meet you. Keep fighting and hope you reach your goal.

Apr 6th, 2019, 18:24 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to Social Slimmers! Best of luck

Apr 6th, 2019, 19:44 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Stu,

That's a fab kick start opportunity.

Stay away from that BMI calculator, let the quack use it when it advantages your support but please ignore it. I've seen perfectly fit people say according to their BMI they are over weight and they are far from it. Please for your sanity emotionally look at the other factors ... like peoples comments on your weight loss, they are such a boost.

What about mini goals to keep your spirits up?
Measurements
Half stone goals
Next stone down on the scales
Clothes
Endurance (if you brisk walk you can time a certain route or log the distance you walked in exactly x many minutes)

Don't just focus on one thing

Welcome to Social Slimmers matey!

Apr 24th, 2019, 10:53 AM  
FatStu

Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Quote:
Quote by Wobbles View Post
Hi Stu,

That's a fab kick start opportunity.

Stay away from that BMI calculator, let the quack use it when it advantages your support but please ignore it. I've seen perfectly fit people say according to their BMI they are over weight and they are far from it. Please for your sanity emotionally look at the other factors ... like peoples comments on your weight loss, they are such a boost.

What about mini goals to keep your spirits up?
Measurements
Half stone goals
Next stone down on the scales
Clothes
Endurance (if you brisk walk you can time a certain route or log the distance you walked in exactly x many minutes)

Don't just focus on one thing

Welcome to Social Slimmers matey!

Hey Wobbles, been reading some of your posts before I joined - nice to chat to you finally!

I started another thread called "My Journey". Since I last posted here things have been going REALLY well and to my amazement I lost over half a stone in a fortnight! Owe it all to Slimming World (and exercise).

So yeah. I have every intention of continuing this journey!

Find more posts on fatstu.