Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Slim Fast

Thread in '

Meal Replacements

' Forum started by Lillian, Sep 22nd, 2013 at 01:50 AM.
Sep 22nd, 2013, 01:50 AM  
Lillian

Slim Fast

I have tried Slim Fast but really don't care for any of their shakes. The protein and meal bars are not bad. Has any had any success with this diet? Did you only do the shakes and bars? Did you eat any real food at all?

Sep 22nd, 2013, 14:33 PM  
Jeans

I did Slim Fast for awhile and I still drink one occasionally for the vitamins. I think the shakes in the ready to serve cans taste better now than they did years ago. The vanilla and the coffee flavored ones aren't too bad. The bars were okay, but I only bought them a couple times. They were expensive and didn't seem worth the price to me.

I used to drink a can of Slim Fast before work and take another with me for my lunch and then eat dinner normally. It wasn't a diet I could stick with because I would feel too hungry.

Sep 26th, 2013, 13:58 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I have a tub for reserve but I find the after taste sticks for ages and is vile :| It is one of the cheapest options though.

When I go into weeks where I have shakes I have dinner and I ignore the 'rules' regarding carbs. Limited carbs but not nothing. I feel if you go down that route with no heavy advice (a diet consultant) you will soon add it all back on when you bring carbs back into your foods so I adapt them into my diet!

Good luck x

Oct 4th, 2013, 16:09 PM  
Lillian

Wobbles, the aftertaste is what I could not take. I could usually get the shakes down okay but two or three hours later I would still have this vile taste in my mouth.

Nov 26th, 2013, 18:50 PM  
Tinks

I have been considering buying this. It seems one of the cheapest or the cheapest to buy, is the after taste really that bad?

Nov 27th, 2013, 04:45 AM  
MandaBear
Maintainer

I never really noticed a bad aftertaste with Slim Fast shakes, but then again, I am one of those who does not notice a bad aftertaste with diet sodas. Maybe some people are more sensitive to it than others...