Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Indian restaurants

Thread in '

Syn Values

' Forum started by milsbomb, May 7th, 2018 at 16:39 PM.
May 7th, 2018, 16:39 PM  
milsbomb

indian restaurants

My husband wants to know How many syns in a lamb lubini. We want to go to an Indian restaurant this Friday. any help please

May 8th, 2018, 20:23 PM  
sarahc4536

I can’t say I’ve ever heard of the dish... have you got any idea what’s in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 9th, 2018, 08:39 AM  
milsbomb

He is not in at the moment, so i will google it. I know he normally has 2 popadoms with lime pickle, the lamb dish along with pilau rice and two beers. I said he will have had his full weeks syns if he eats that.

May 9th, 2018, 08:40 AM  
milsbomb

We are going to the Indian on Friday evening with friends. I am off alcahol at the moment and feeling much better, and I would like to have one poppadom with onions. What is the lightest dish I can have. I eat very little rice

May 9th, 2018, 08:47 AM  
milsbomb

I have googled lamb lumbini and it is chunks of lamb in a spicy curry sauce. It is actualy a Nepalese dish.

May 10th, 2018, 01:22 AM  
sarahc4536

There’s a thread titled ‘Eating out with SW’ on the main SW page (it’s a pinned post but I’ll add a comment to bump it up the list) that I created a while back. It lists the main things people tend to choose in an Indian restaurant/takeaway.
Poppadoms, condiments and dishes are listed there (I can’t seem to paste a link whilst using my phone)
As far as recommending a dish, if you go for a Sashlick (grilled meat usually flavoured with spices; tikka etc) that would be minimal syns if any (oil isn’t usually used)
Assuming it’s the same/similar near you, there is usually a sauce that can accompany it, but you get that separate and you can have as much of that as you like, or not. I’d count 10 syns for the sauce to be on the safe side.

As for beer, it depends on the alcohol content within: indian restaurants-img_1543.jpg

May 10th, 2018, 01:28 AM  
sarahc4536

With regards to synning hubby’s meal, as I can’t find it listed on the SW app for an accurate syn value, and taking into account for oils/sugars/ other synned items, I would consider counting 10? syns for it.
I googled it myself and it looks to be a grilled meat type dish? I can’t seem to find any recipes for it as such to be able to get an idea of what would be in the dish, but to be safe I would rather overestimate the syn value.
If it does come within a sauce, I would definitely assume 15 syns.

May 10th, 2018, 08:10 AM  
milsbomb

Quote:
Quote by sarahc4536 View Post
There’s a thread titled ‘Eating out with SW’ on the main SW page (it’s a pinned post but I’ll add a comment to bump it up the list) that I created a while back. It lists the main things people tend to choose in an Indian restaurant/takeaway.
Poppadoms, condiments and dishes are listed there (I can’t seem to paste a link whilst using my phone)
As far as recommending a dish, if you go for a Sashlick (grilled meat usually flavoured with spices; tikka etc) that would be minimal syns if any (oil isn’t usually used)
Assuming it’s the same/similar near you, there is usually a sauce that can accompany it, but you get that separate and you can have as much of that as you like, or not. I’d count 10 syns for the sauce to be on the safe side.

As for beer, it depends on the alcohol content within: Attachment 1590

May 10th, 2018, 08:11 AM  
milsbomb

Many thanks for your help and support, it is really appreciated. I will definitely be having a Shaslick with very little sauce. Hubby is keeping to one beerx