Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

I wanted better for my 20's

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by rena, Jan 10th, 2018 at 02:03 AM.
Search this Thread

Jan 10th, 2018, 02:03 AM  
rena

I wanted better for my 20's

Hi. My name is Christina but all of my friends/family call me Rena. I came across this forum through googling weight loss support. I have always been a thick woman, but after a few personal tragedy's I began to turn to food in a whole new way. It has been my cover, my comfort, my excuse...and I'm just tired. I'll turn 28 this year and it just hit me, I never thought I'd be overweight for all of my twenties! I just kept saying I'll lose the weight eventually. But I never did. Instead I gained. But I want to be healthy. I want to feel stronger. My husband lost 80 lbs over this last year and looks and feels amazing. I'm so proud of him. But now we are at opposite sides of this journey and while he is a great supporter, I thought maybe reaching out for support and accountability elsewhere would be nice. And I wouldn't mind being that support for others too. Anywho, nice to meet you all (or whoever reads this)

Jan 10th, 2018, 10:24 AM  
Angel1234

Hello Rena

I think it always has to be the get time for you. Well done to your husband, he must be an inspiration for you. How did he lose the weight?

Jan 10th, 2018, 15:25 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Rena,

Welcome to Social Slimmers

I agree with Angel, it has to be the right time for you. I was on and off 'dieting' for so long then it just clicked then I wanted it rather than feeling like I just needed to. I had over 4 stone to lose at the beginning of my journey.

Create mini goals rather than feeling bogged under by the 'end goal'.

Wow @ your husband, that is AWESOME. I'm also intrigued if it was food changes or food changes and exercise.

Looking forward to following your journey

Jan 10th, 2018, 20:28 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to Social Slimmers!
So sorry that you have been through some tragedies. It sounds like it has been a difficult time for you
I look forward to following your weight loss journey!

Jan 11th, 2018, 03:40 AM  
rena

Thank you all for replying It's nice to meet each of you! For those who asked about my husband, he just woke up one day and decided to change. Literally, he woke up and said "I'm going to lose weight." and he never looked back haha. He is very strong willed. He ate a lot of tuna haha. He cut out most carbs and he goes to the gym for two hours every day. The first little bit of weight dropped drastically so it kept him motivated. Now he is focused on building up his muscle mass because he is only 15 lbs away from his target weight. So he lifts a lot now. He is a huge inspiration for me!

Jan 11th, 2018, 10:05 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

That's amazing.

Once it clicks it clicks you sound a lovely supportive wife and he will be a massive support for you too.

Are you following any specific food plan?
Exercise also or starting with battling the food changes first?

Jan 11th, 2018, 13:12 PM  
Angel1234

2 hours every day, wow how does he find the energy

Jan 11th, 2018, 18:27 PM  
rena

wobbles, thank you I try to be. Honestly I'm not sure where to start. I'm trying to make small healthier choices. I havnt had a soda in a week or so and that's a huge challenge for me. I've started walking a few times a week as well. I'd like to really get a plan set and get organized. I feel if I don't have a plan set in my mind I'm just going to fail again.

Angel, I don't know and I wish he would share some of his energy! haha. He also works two jobs...so I know I can never use "not enough time" as an excuse lol.

Jan 12th, 2018, 14:14 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Before I went backwards (again) I spent a lot of time in the gym or various exercises but never 2 hours in one go :|ol:

Joining a Bootcamp along side a gym memberships to go it alone kick started me until I wanted more.

Plans are good but in my opinion don't make that heavy on yourself, increase your goals as yu zone in more and more ... you will x

Jan 15th, 2018, 10:26 AM  
Peach

Hi there

x

Find more posts on better, wanted.