Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by KathyT, Jan 3rd, 2018 at 20:58 PM.
Jan 3rd, 2018, 20:58 PM  
KathyT

Hello,
So many new members, I suppose due to the new year. I have been eating too much over Christmas and being honest through November and all December, well it`s got to stop now. I am on the Slim Fast diet which I find works for me.
I want to lose two stone ideally but would be happy with one stone for now.
Hoping to get to know some people and gain and give support to others.

Kathy

Jan 4th, 2018, 13:50 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Kathy

Welcome to Social Slimmers.

I think you're in the majority with the Christmas eating ... well like you mine started why before

Meal replacements will give a you a boost but try not to stay on it for too long and slowly bring more food back in. It's a mistake many make me included.

Mini goals worked for me rather than the end goal. I changed my goals and it worked rather than feeling like I was getting nowhere.

Goals were things like:
Into the next stone down
Half a stone down
The tape measure
Jean size down
1 minute better time for running distance

My first goal was 12 stone then it went to 10 stone. All my mini goals hit at different times so were a boost to my motivation.

Good luck

Jan 4th, 2018, 18:12 PM  
KathyT

Hello Wobbles, surely you have no wobbles anymore since your weight has come right down. I know it`s a permenant thing though. Thanks for your reply, very helpful. Yes I think my first challenge will be to feel more comfortable in my jeans and not be using the slackest button on my belt.
Kathy

Jan 4th, 2018, 21:03 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Kathy and welcome to Social Slimmers!

Jan 4th, 2018, 21:16 PM  
KathyT

Thank you
Kathy

Jan 4th, 2018, 21:54 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I’m on a + ... from size 10 to 12 so easy done!

Love the first mini goal. I ho a lot on clothes. I’ve a pair of jeans as my target which was when I was at my most comfortable (they got tklbig for me but I now realise I’d dropped too much) x

Jan 5th, 2018, 11:40 AM  
KathyT

Hello Wobbles,
When you talk about short term goals do you mean it is a good idea to set a date to achieve them? For instance I would like my jeans to feel comfortable again, should I plan that for say two weeks from now or whatever? Only then plan the next goal, like being brave enough to weigh myself and set a weight loss date plan?
Kathy

Jan 6th, 2018, 01:01 AM  
sarahc4536

Welcome Kathy! Best of luck with slim fast, it’s worked well for me in the past but I couldn’t last longer than 4-5 weeks, I missed food too much however I found it so much easier to keep up the healthy eating part once I’d dropped a stone and felt much better for it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 8th, 2018, 20:52 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Quote:
Quote by KathyT View Post
Hello Wobbles,
When you talk about short term goals do you mean it is a good idea to set a date to achieve them? For instance I would like my jeans to feel comfortable again, should I plan that for say two weeks from now or whatever? Only then plan the next goal, like being brave enough to weigh myself and set a weight loss date plan?
Kathy
Hi

I set myself these goals based on being very over weight and size 20:
The next stone down
A stone in total
Half a stone mark
A jean size down
... I also did measurements every month just a feel good factor (bust, biggest part of belly, around waist, neck fattest part of thighs).

I always met different feel good results at different times.

If exercising I did min goals on that also.

Jan 8th, 2018, 21:06 PM  
KathyT

Hello Sarah,

I lost half a stone! I know it will slow down now and I am prepared for that but as you say Slim Fast is great for giving a boost. I would like to chart my starting weight and my goal weight but not sure how to do it. Perhaps I am just supposed to type it into every post, so in case that is correct.

2nd January Starting weight 11 st 2 lb, current weight 10 st 8 lb, goal weight 9 stone 2 lb.