Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

What would you wear for an interview at a pub?

Thread in '

The Lounge

' Forum started by PrincessPikachu, Sep 6th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
Sep 6th, 2013, 09:48 AM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

What would you wear for an interview at a pub?

I've got an interview next week at a pub and don't have a clue what to wear! I'm very much a jeans and t shirt person, but that seems a little too informal! If the weather was still nice, I could have worn a nice summery dress/skirt, but I doubt its going to be nice!

Sep 6th, 2013, 09:57 AM  
StirCrazy
Maintainer

Depends on what kinda bar it is(?)

Is it an independent local or chain?

Do they have a uniform?

Do you know who the interview is with? (male or female)

Having managed several bars and clubs, I would recommend dressing like you would for a date but dial it back a tad (not talking a clubbing gear ). Even if the weather isn't that great you'll be inside anyway

Sep 6th, 2013, 11:37 AM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

It's a chain, they call themselves a proper pub, but it's a bit more wine bar-y (it's the closest thing we have to a pub!) the uniform's black shirt and black trousers/jeans! I think the interview's with the manager (male) who I know quite well and has seen me in a range of attires from dressy to jeans and hoodie to slutty school girl with boobs hanging out

Sep 9th, 2013, 14:59 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

When is your interview? Good luck hun!

Smart bit swit swoo with some heels x

Sep 9th, 2013, 15:03 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Scrap that I seen an update lol

Sep 9th, 2013, 16:12 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

heels would be a no go anyway, I can't walk in the bloody things!

Sep 9th, 2013, 16:50 PM  
sizeseven

Good luck to you PrincessPikachu. I'm a jeans and t-shirt and sneakers person too so I won't even recommend heels. You could try a casual pair of pants and a nice top, or a sweater top and you'll look good enough. A pair of court shoes would be neat too; nothing higher than two inches. And don't forget light makeup. I hope the interviewer will forget some of the stuff he's seen you in, but the fact that he's seen you in everything might work to your advantage.

Sep 9th, 2013, 19:39 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

Thanks Hun, I got the job I went with jeans and a nice jumper! I think previous outfits may have worked to my advantage as it showed I was willing to get involved

Sep 11th, 2013, 14:53 PM  
TwylaDee

Congratulations!

It's always scary and exciting to start a new job. You seem pretty familiar with the pub so that will help! How will you handle being around all that enticing food?

Good luck on the new job!

Sep 11th, 2013, 16:16 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

I've been in there a fair bit I'll be ok with the food I think, they do hardly any veggie food, so I won't be as tempted! The crisps however may be another story!