Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Making main meals be breakfast and lunch

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by JuicyFruit, Sep 4th, 2013 at 16:55 PM.
Sep 4th, 2013, 16:55 PM  
JuicyFruit

Making main meals be breakfast and lunch

I've found that I lose more and feel better when I make breakfast and lunch my two largest meals, and keep to a very light suppertime meal. It only makes sense to me to eat the way you live. You don't need the energy for overnight, as you're going to sleep. You need it during the day when you need to be active.

Sep 4th, 2013, 19:41 PM  
butters

I think you're onto something here because every time I eat a small meal late in the day, I lose some weight. Unfortunately, we are so accustomed to a large evening meal that it's very difficult to change the routine.

Sep 5th, 2013, 09:17 AM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

It's definitely the way to do it! I think years of conditioning though mean that we're all more inclined to eat a big meal in the evening. I really really struggle to eat breakfast, I just can't face food that early, even though I know I should!

Sep 5th, 2013, 10:09 AM  
sizeseven

I can't face food too early either, but I always have a huge late breakfast. My lunch is sometimes just a snack because of the late breakfast, but supper has to be light. I can't sleep on a full stomach - or an empty one.

Sep 5th, 2013, 14:08 PM  
avidian

I do the same, somewhat. My breakfast might be light but I am lucky that I can have a decent sized snack later in the morning which helps me over since I take a lunch a little later in the day that most do.

Sep 5th, 2013, 14:23 PM  
Cantina

I'm not a breakfast person, though I am finding porridge oats to be okay first thing. Grazing is probably the best way to eat really, don't you think? I try to split food into 4-5 meals otherwise I eat too much late at night.

Sep 5th, 2013, 16:58 PM  
JuicyFruit

Supper (or dinner to some) became the main meal only in the past 100 years or so. Prior to that, the largest meals were breakfast and lunch. Back then, people needed the energy to get all the work done between dawn and sundown. Going back to that pattern might be hard to get used to, because it's no longer the 'norm', but it could break the pattern of obesity, as well.

Sep 5th, 2013, 17:28 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I like the idea of a larger lunch lighter dinner actually I've known families to do that any way!

Sep 6th, 2013, 11:17 AM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

If I eat a big lunch I need a sleep

Sep 6th, 2013, 22:09 PM  
Franny

Doesn't the saying go "breakfast like a king, lunch like a lord and dine like a pauper" (or similar)? Like you all say, it does make sense when you think about it...though that doesn't make it any easier to resist the call of hot buttered toast late at night!