Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Power lifting or weight training

Thread in '

Exercise

' Forum started by sherry pro, Mar 21st, 2017 at 16:10 PM.
Mar 21st, 2017, 16:10 PM  
sherry pro

power lifting or weight training

I know they are different, my point of asking here is i want to be strong and look ripped at the same time. Weight training does not necessarily makes me strong as power lifting will.And power lifting won't make me ripped as weight training will. Is there any way i could achieve these two goals together ?

Mar 22nd, 2017, 14:22 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I go to a crossfit gym which is a combination of movements (both) and group train but the results have been amazing ... the only time it's not is when I make bad choices.

Last year until I was on off on off my strength has increased dramatically and I was showing abs. Some of the ladies and gents there have some amazing bodies.

A normal gym or exercise group just doesn't do it.

You could always set up at home if you have a garage but for me personally having that set-up I simply don't have the same motivation and push myself.

May 15th, 2023, 14:59 PM  
timmothysmith01

Powerlifting and weightlifting are completely compatible. Big deadlifts and squats are the foundation of powerlifting programs, which are also crucial exercises in weightlifting. This explains why hybrid weightlifting and powerlifting programs are so successful.