Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

My first loss in 4 days

Thread in '

Calorie Counting

' Forum started by laura19, Jan 18th, 2017 at 19:15 PM.
Jan 18th, 2017, 19:15 PM  
laura19

My first loss in 4 days

I have just weighed myself as I forgot what day I weighed myself but could remember I was 11st 8lb I am now 11st 7lb.

I have always craved chocolate crisps and all other rubbish food but I have been determined to lose weight so not wanted it at all.
To many this probably isn't much but to me to see that 1 little number go down has made it all worth while 😀.
Not really following any special diets apart from cutting out all rubbish food and eating small portions.

Jan 18th, 2017, 20:11 PM  
sarahc4536

1lb is great! as you say, it's in the right direction and that's the important thing

I would suggest that you don't cut out completely anything you would class as 'naughty' food. Just allow yourself something small maybe every few days. As great as it is to cut it out completely, your body still needs some kind of fat to help it process the other things.
Doesn't have to be much, maybe some healthier crisps? Quavers, Pombear, those sun bites thingys (can't remember the exact name ) something low calorie. Or even those mini chocolate bars? The snack size ones?
It also helps because having that little bit of something will help curb those cravings that can appear where we go completely off track and almost dive into a big tank of chocolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 18th, 2017, 22:53 PM  
laura19

Thank you.
I would be really bad some nights where I would eat like 2 packets of crisps and about 4 chocolate bars plus biscuits but then I would tell my children about eating healthy and not too much rubbish food so I was just contradicting myself.
I will have the odd treat but no where near as to what I used to have.
I've not been eating any special weight loss dinners either so I kind of see it that all the chocolate/crisps etc I used to have has helped me lose the weight.
I have also got a pre installed app on my phone that with it that says I should be having 1850 calories a day but I'm not really keeping track which I meow I probably should be 😕.
All these 'syns' and 'free' is what's confusing me do if someone would be kind enough to explain them I would appreciate it 😉

Jan 19th, 2017, 01:56 AM  
sarahc4536

Syns and 'free' food are related to the Slimming World plan.

As a basic overview, SW promotes healthy eating and cooking from scratch. The words in brackets are the terms that us SW'ers use all the time!
They advise people to eat more fruit and veg (speed foods), to eat more meats, eggs, beans, peas, and other foods (protein foods), along with pasta, rice, potatoes, fat free yogurts and certain other foods (free foods)
They suggest that at least 1/3 of your plate should be speed, with 1/3 protein and the final 1/3 can be free food.

You also get a recommended daily dairy and fibre intake allowance (healthy extra A & B choices - hex for short) this is where your bread, cereals, milk, cheese come in.
And finally there's your syn allowance. 5-15 syns each day to be used on the foods of your choice. Chocolate, crisps, dressings/sauces, alcohol, biscuits, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 19th, 2017, 21:22 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Well done Laura!

Apr 6th, 2023, 14:22 PM  
timmothysmith01

Great..! Congrats and improve yourself more