Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Pesto and stir through sauces

Thread in '

Syn Values

' Forum started by cmpf51, Jan 13th, 2017 at 20:30 PM.
Jan 13th, 2017, 20:30 PM  
cmpf51

pesto and stir through sauces

Hi, can anyone tell me the syn value of m&s stir through sauces.
I have just started slimming world and these were bought prior to joining and being a waste not sort of person I would like to use these 2 190gm jars but would like to know the penalty to be paid.

Jan 14th, 2017, 15:43 PM  
sarahc4536

Can you post a picture of the labels of the jars?
The picture should include the nutritional information, the ingredients lists and the overall weight of the jar.
Can you advise how many servings the jars say they contain too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14th, 2017, 15:44 PM  
sarahc4536

I'll have to use the syn calaculayor on the website.
Just typing in 'marks & spencer stir through' on the website doesn't bring up any results.

Jan 14th, 2017, 17:13 PM  
cmpf51

Can you post a picture of the labels of the jars?
The picture should include the nutritional information, the ingredients lists and the overall weight of the jar.
Can you advise how many servings the jars say they contain too?

Sorry not good at this photo lark as a technophobe but the information is as follows
ingredients: red peppers 34%. olive oil. tomato paste.extra virgin olive oil.parsley.almonds 2.5%. pecorino romano cheese(milk 2%) garlic . dried tomatos.chilli powder. sea salt. acidity regulator. lactic acid.ground black pepper.thyme.

serves 4 jar size 190g
value per 100g
energy 35kcal
fat 35.2g of which saturates 5.7g
carbs 5.8g of which sugards 4.0g
fibre 2.0g
protein 1.7g
salt 1.00g

I have estimated 2.5 syns per serving .
I also have a roasted aubergine and mascarpone stir through sauce as well same size jar

which I have estimated the same
I also looked through the web site but nothing on either any assistance would be gratefully received

Jan 15th, 2017, 17:49 PM  
sarahc4536

The one you've given me nutritional info for is 0.5 syns per portion.

If you have access to the SW website, you can use the Syns Calculator to figure out how many syns are in food items.
The main piece of advice I give everyone for this is that when it asks whether there is any free food in the product, look at the very first listed item on the ingredients list. If it is not normally a free food, just proceed without a free food. You can't look through the list of ingredients and pick the first free food you find.

Jan 15th, 2017, 18:16 PM  
cmpf51

Thank you very much for this information, at 0.5 syns per portion this is a great flavoursome addition to (free) pasta. Thanks also for the advice on the Syns Calculator I did not realise how it worked but I do now thanks to your reply.

Feb 5th, 2018, 20:22 PM  
clement

Quote:
Quote by sarahc4536 View Post
The one you've given me nutritional info for is 0.5 syns per portion.

If you have access to the SW website, you can use the Syns Calculator to figure out how many syns are in food items.
The main piece of advice I give everyone for this is that when it asks whether there is any free food in the product, look at the very first listed item on the ingredients list. If it is not normally a free food, just proceed without a free food. You can't look through the list of ingredients and pick the first free food you find.

Thanks