Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

So depressed

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by kelly, Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:39 PM.
Jan 12th, 2017, 12:39 PM  
kelly

So depressed

Help I feel so down and think I rather die than feel fat and paranoid my hubby will leave me

Jan 12th, 2017, 13:45 PM  
Emaline 30

Hi Kelly .. So sorry that you are feeling like that .. I have been there myself and it does often seem as though there's no way out of it but don't give up .. you can make changes in your life and situation!
First of all try to remember that you are as important as the next person and be determined to get in charge of this problem .. you may well find that the very fact of becoming a more assertive person will have the effect of keeping your husband interested in you .. this woman he has chosen to be with .. nothing more frustrating and unattractive than someone who waffles about everything especially when it comes to your appearance.
Take heart Kelly there are lots of us who have been through all sorts of ups and downs and have succeeded in overcoming them. .

Jan 12th, 2017, 13:49 PM  
sarahc4536

Oh Kelly, please don't say that.

I'm sure there are lots of people in your life who would hate to hear you say you'd rather die. The people in your picture for example?

I can understand what it's like not be happy with your weight, we all can on here. We're all in the same boat.
Have you spoken to anyone about how you're feeling? Someone close to you maybe?

Jan 12th, 2017, 16:08 PM  
DaisyCat

Quote:
Quote by kelly View Post
Help I feel so down and think I rather die than feel fat and paranoid my hubby will leave me
Aw Kelly, sorry you feel like that x

You can get to a better place and eating food that is better for you might help too. I find the stodgier foods (which landed me at where I was weight-wise last year) once stopped, improved my mood no end.

I don't think your hubby would leave you coz of weight gain and he might be a great support helping you lose enough to make you feel better again. And once you address the weight you will start to feel a wee bit better quickly because you know you are addressing it.

Chin up and best of luck on your journey to your new you xx

Jan 13th, 2017, 07:25 AM  
MarieDK

Hi Kelly, I am so sorry you feel so depressed. Like Sarah says, it would be great if you could have a chat with someone about how you are feeling. We've all felt very low about our weight I am sure (I think everyone does from one time to another).

If we can give you any support on weightloss or just a friendly ear just let us know.

All my warmest wishes

Marie

Jan 13th, 2017, 12:37 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Kelly and welcome to Social Slimmers.
I agree with Sarah. Please do open up to people in your life about how you are feeling. Depression is horrible and I'm sorry that you are going through this

Jan 13th, 2017, 13:13 PM  
delian

Hello Kelly pleased to meet you.
i think people have give you some good advice above but if you don't feel able to reach out to the people around you then maybe you should talk to your GP.

Jan 16th, 2017, 11:39 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Kelly,

Firstly I'm sure your husband loves you very much, how we often feel about ourselves does not reflect how other people see you. Have you spoke to your husband about how you are feeling?

What matters is that you are comfortable with your body not anyone else and if you would like to make changes go grab them with determination FOR YOU.

Accept yourself now that's your biggest step or it can be a long journey.
Think positive about who you are and the changes you want to make.
Make them happen.
Don't go for the kill, create small goals.
In the end when it sinks in you will just feel good about yourself as you reach those mini goals regardless.... for me it wasn't just about losing 4.5 stone it was the mental buzz I got from reaching those mini goals. I stopped feeling depressed and started feeling in control, I was succeeding, I was doing something for me.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and find the support you need, you aren't alone

Jan 17th, 2017, 01:25 AM  
DaisyCat

Quote:
Quote by Wobbles View Post
Hi Kelly,

Firstly I'm sure your husband loves you very much, how we often feel about ourselves does not reflect how other people see you. Have you spoke to your husband about how you are feeling?

What matters is that you are comfortable with your body not anyone else and if you would like to make changes go grab them with determination FOR YOU.

Accept yourself now that's your biggest step or it can be a long journey.
Think positive about who you are and the changes you want to make.
Make them happen.
Don't go for the kill, create small goals.
In the end when it sinks in you will just feel good about yourself as you reach those mini goals regardless.... for me it wasn't just about losing 4.5 stone it was the mental buzz I got from reaching those mini goals. I stopped feeling depressed and started feeling in control, I was succeeding, I was doing something for me.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and find the support you need, you aren't alone
Wobbles ... that is SO beautifully put. x

Jan 26th, 2017, 23:59 PM  
catb

First of all you have taken a great step in speaking out but If you can share it with a close friend in person they may want to help you !
Being a weight your unhappy with can make everyone very unhappy and all sorts of feelings and emotions start to build !

How about writing exactly what you have eating today and we could help you so the next day you could tweek it with everyone's help on here !

My advice do it for yourself and everything else will fall into place xxxx best of luck !
(Ps I also have crap days with mad cravings and comfort eating ) but you just need that push ! If you ever feel so low there are gp or crisis lines you can always ring as there always someone to listen xxx