Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Doing it alone!

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by Lizzo, Sep 20th, 2016 at 18:31 PM.
Sep 20th, 2016, 18:31 PM  
Lizzo

Doing it alone!

Hi,

I'm a 58 year old with plenty of weight to lose! I lost 8 stones with Slimming World 10 years ago, but put it all back on and more! I had a gastric bypass 5 years ago, and was seriously ill afterwards, following a perforated ulcer. I lost nearly 10 stones after this, but the weight has slowly crept back on since.

So, now I have decided to follow the SW diet that I did before, doing it by myself. I realise that the SW Plan has moved on since then, but it worked last time, so I thought I'd give it a go. I don't want to join a group, as I spend a lot of time at my holiday caravan, so I would miss a lot of classes, which would mean wasting a lot of money. I don't really see much point in taking out the online option to start off with, but may end up doing this.

So, as long as you people don't mind answering my occasional stupid questions and requests for syn values, I'm confident that I will be able to lose as least some of my excess weight!

Sorry for the essay xx

Sep 20th, 2016, 18:57 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to Social Slimmers! Best of luck with your weight loss journey

Sep 21st, 2016, 08:43 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi Lizzo We're all here to support you so ask away!

Sep 21st, 2016, 08:59 AM  
kaybird296

Hi there, and welcome! Glad you found us, it means you won't be doing it totally alone!

Sep 22nd, 2016, 12:38 PM  
sarahc4536

Best of luck Lizzo!

And yes, it's changed hugely since you followed, but the general principles are still the same, and we will advise as best as possible