Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

In need of motivation

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by ctmayo, Sep 11th, 2016 at 21:12 PM.
Sep 11th, 2016, 21:12 PM  
ctmayo

In need of motivation

Hi all I am new to slimming world. I am to be a bridesmaid at a wedding next April and I am already panicking.
I have quite a bit to lose if all the online recommendations are accurate and it seems a huge mountain to climb.
I am generally an active person but due to a fractured toe and an injury to my hip I am grounded at present and the weight has been going on slyly.
I now tip the scales at 13.5 stone and am medium framed and 5'6 in height.
I have dieted before but i just put it back on with extra
I have been following the plan for a few weeks and i have actually PUT ON weight.
I am going to my first meeting Wednesday but im feeling so depressed!
It must be something simple I am doing wrong..Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Sep 12th, 2016, 09:05 AM  
kaybird296

Welcome to Social Slimmers! You've got plenty of time to get to where you'd like to be. Slimming World sounds like a good plan for you to follow, particularly with your current injury meaning that you're grounded for a while.

I think you'll do just fine, and we're all here to provide extra help and support when needed. I'd recommend starting up a food journal if you're worried; that way we can give tips and recommendations if we see somewhere you may be falling down on plan or consuming hidden syns.

Sep 12th, 2016, 12:53 PM  
ctmayo

Thanks, i will. Im just wondering if there is an app to help with shopping as well? The shopping lists here are great though, very helpful as i generally shop in lidl or aldi.

Sep 12th, 2016, 13:30 PM  
kaybird296

As you're going back to group, this will give you access to the Slimming World app where you can track your weight loss, check syn values, and so on. The books will also help a lot as well

I shop predominantly in Aldi myself, with a few side trips to Sainsbury's if I need something branded, so I'll help in any way I can

Sep 12th, 2016, 13:49 PM  
ctmayo

Thank you so much! I have my first group Wednesday so hopefully i will be a bit more knowledgeable then. Im DREADING the weigh in though- but we all have to start somewhere!

Sep 12th, 2016, 16:01 PM  
kaybird296

You're most welcome, and good luck at group! It can be scary finally facing those dreaded scales, but I'm sure you'll do just fine. Try not to let it get you down if it's more than you'd like--see it instead as a challenge

Sep 13th, 2016, 20:11 PM  
sarahc4536

Welcome to Social Slimmers

Sorry to hear about your injuries that stinks!

Slimming World is a great plan, and it's something that's more sustainable for life in my opinion

You say you've been following the plan already, but you've not yet been to your first meeting, so it may be that you've not got all the information you need to get the right results?
Hopefully once you've been and had the New Member Talk, you know everything you need to to be able to follow the plan and begin your journey to a happier place

Like kaybird suggested, it may be worth starting a food diary on here and we are always happy to help if you've got questions at any point

Mar 10th, 2018, 07:07 AM  
vancedwight

Hi there, according to me there is nothing to get depressed and you should focus on your weight loss process.

Mar 12th, 2018, 12:07 PM  
Angel1234

Hello

Mar 12th, 2018, 13:10 PM  
DaisySW

Did you get some answers to the weight gain? My experience of friends gaining were using too many starchy carbs as their free food.