Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Leaving my Sins Behind!

Thread in '

The Naughty Corner

' Forum started by Emaline 30, Aug 23rd, 2016 at 19:40 PM.
Aug 23rd, 2016, 19:40 PM  
Emaline 30

Leaving my Sins Behind!

I've had a lot of months "trying" to keep to my diet and trying is the ultimate word because it's been a bit of a sham!
Now the very word "treats" are being eradicated from my vocabulary and I am getting down to doing things properly....
My biggest problem is first thing in the morning if I desperately need to take painkillers a.s.a.p. because my back pain is very bad I have to eat something first otherwise they make me feel very nauseous for a couple of hours but everything in the cereal line are so high in carbs.

82 yesterday and what better time to change my ways!

Aug 23rd, 2016, 20:52 PM  
kaybird296

Do you like porridge type things? If so, overnight oats might be an easy and healthy solution to the painkillers situation--stick everything in a jar in the fridge before bed and it's ready first thing. Loads of recipes online.

Aug 23rd, 2016, 23:13 PM  
Emaline 30

Thanks Kay.. I have noticed overnight oats mentioned on several occasions but not bothered to look into it but that does seem to be perfect especially as I do often have porridge in the morning.

Aug 24th, 2016, 09:25 AM  
kaybird296

Honestly, overnight oats make me WISH I liked porridge (just can't get past the consistency) because there are so many different things that people do with them. One of the most delicious-looking ones I've seen was a carrot cake-inspired one. A lot of people also seem to put in a teaspoon of chia seeds, which are high in fibre, protein and Omega 3.

Aug 24th, 2016, 12:11 PM  
Emaline 30

usually have 35g Oats + 10g Linseeds which is very nice and in particular helps with my daily motions.

Aug 24th, 2016, 12:17 PM  
kaybird296

Excellent. Hope you manage to get something worked out that's both yummy and convenient

Sep 8th, 2016, 11:19 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Overnight oats are amazing I love them and use Total 0% yog. I make it up along side making dinner usually and layer with frozen mixed berries which defrost slowly... it's sooooo nice.
Attached Images
Leaving my Sins Behind!-oats.jpg

Sep 9th, 2016, 09:02 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

I need to eat first thing Emaline because I take so many meds. Overnight oats are perfect. Otherwise I just make a fruit salad the night before. Or yogurt, and the high protein ones are particularly good.

Oct 14th, 2016, 21:07 PM  
purpleshoes2

This has been a very useful thread for me thank you! I'm on a variety of meds that need food first thing in the morning. Although I'm trying to get back to having a proper breakfast rather than none or a quick snack. Your ideas for the overnight porridge look fab.