Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Indian takeaway syn values and new joiner

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by grillbatry, Jul 9th, 2016 at 17:35 PM.
Search this Thread

Jul 9th, 2016, 17:35 PM  
grillbatry

Indian takeaway syn values and new joiner

Hi - I've just joined this forum which looks really great! I was searching around looking for syn values for Indian takeaway, not just the ones on the SW website and in the book. I specifically wanted to know the syns in:
Chicken Ceylon
Prawn Puree
Sheek Kebab
Does anyone know? Thanks!

Jul 9th, 2016, 18:15 PM  
sarahc4536

Hi gillbatry, welcome to social Slimmers.

I've looked on the website and can't find any of those items coming up on there. The first I'll be honest I've never heard of lol

Looking at similar recipes on the Internet, the sheek kebabs may not be too bad and you'll have to just syn the oil they might use to cook them.
The chicken Ceylon, looking at a recipe, uses creamed coconut? Which is 8.5 Syns per 25g, ghee which is 11 Syns per 25g. The recipe I'm looking at serves 4 and uses 200g creamed coconut and 200g butter ghee. That would make 39 Syns per portion.
But that's probably a worst case scenario. Either way the creamed coconut will be synned and unless you ask for different, they'll use ghee in any Restaraunt so there will be Syns from that.

As for the prawn puri, the recipe I've found uses white flour and chapatti flour (both 4.5 Syns per 25g) and some oil, and coconut milk (9 Syns per 100ml) in total, makes 60 Syns so 15 per portion.

Does that help at all??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 10th, 2016, 09:17 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi grillbatry, welcome to the forum.

Jul 10th, 2016, 09:41 AM  
grillbatry

Thanks AliCat!

Find more posts on indian, joiner, new, syn, takeaway, values.