Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Alkaline diet

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by sallyT, Jul 5th, 2016 at 07:02 AM.
Search this Thread

Jul 5th, 2016, 07:02 AM  
sallyT

Alkaline diet

Hi- I am new here. I want to start an alkaline diet which concentrates on reduced dairy carbs and meat. Anyone else been doing this? It's supposed to be great to maintain health and give you energy. Also using 'good ' fats too but I know these crank up the syns. Could the Slimming Workd program work for me?

Jul 5th, 2016, 16:22 PM  
sarahc4536

I would stick to one plan only personally. I'm a huge fan of SW, but I've never heard of the alkaline diet so wouldn't know how it would match across to SW.
You can lose plenty of weight on SW (as much as you need to) if you stick to it. One family lost 20+ stone between 4 of them (I think! May have been 5 people)

SW is great in my opinion because it's a healthy eating plan more than a diet. You can still eat 'bad' things, you just need to count them in your Syns allowance.
Plus you still get some of each food group (fruit/veg, protein, carbs, dairy, fibre) so you aren't cutting anything out.
Reading what I could find on the Internet, the alkaline diet asks you to cut out Dairy, eggs, meat, most grains and processed foods. Basically an almost vegan diet.
You can be vegan and still do SW, there are plenty of people who do.

Obviously it's your decision which one you follow, or if you combine them. But for me, I'd have to chose one and as I am a meat eater and will not cut that out, SW is my way forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 5th, 2016, 20:15 PM  
huntress
Maintainer

I had to do it when I was ill. It was the worse 'diet' I have done.
You cut out so many foods.

This is roughly what you can eat---most fruits and vegetables, soybeans and tofu, and some nuts, seeds, and legumes
And what you can't eat dairy, eggs, meat, most grains, and processed foods, like canned and packaged snacks and convenience foods.

Find more posts on alkaline, diet.