Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by caroline31, May 26th, 2016 at 10:06 AM.
Search this Thread

May 26th, 2016, 10:06 AM  
caroline31

Hello Im Caroline have 2 children,my daughter is 11 and my son is 15 months old.
I joined slimming world 5 years ago and lost a 3 stone in 3 months i was very poorly though. So i know it does work. Since then i had heart transplant and i was on a lot of medication and have been on a lot of steroids, hence why I've piled all my weight back on and more, so here i am again.
Weigh day is Tuesday, following from home i weigh with a friend at her house to keep each other motivated. I would really appreciate all the help i can get. Hope u all do well happy slimming 😀

May 26th, 2016, 10:21 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Caroline and welcome to Social Slimmers! Best of luck with your weight loss journey

May 26th, 2016, 14:47 PM  
caroline31

Thank you 😀

May 27th, 2016, 08:39 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi Caroline, nice to meet you. You've been through a lot, but keep up the good work! Good luck

May 29th, 2016, 21:47 PM  
sarahc4536

Welcome Caroline
Good luck and I look forward to following your journey!

There's lots to read over on the SW pages, and plenty of us to help out too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 30th, 2016, 14:46 PM  
Cinnamon

Hello Caroline I am doing Slimming world too. This is my 5th week and I have lost half a stone. I kind of think it is a bit slow, but they do say that is the best way. Hope you are fully recovered. Good luck x

Jun 1st, 2016, 07:40 AM  
caroline31

Thanks everyone, i have lost 9 pound in 4 weeks which i feel is very slow. Esp when i have stuck to it 100 per cent but its a loss not a gain. I did have a very bad day yesterday mc donalds for lunch pizza fir dinner and chocolate for after i thught i needed a cheat day but disnt expect to go that mad but its done now. Back on it today how are you all doing?? X

Jun 1st, 2016, 10:29 AM  
sarahc4536

9lb in 4 weeks is fantastic!

We'd all love to lose 2 stone overnight (I've tried, doesn't work lol) but losing weight is a marathon, not a sprint.
Whatever you do, don't compare yourselves to others. Everyone loses at completely different rates depending on their body type, previous diet, metabolic rates, what they eat on the plan, how much they want to lose, etc.
1-2 pounds a week is a decent steady rate to lose and it makes it more sustainable to keep off in the long run.

And you're allowed to have an off day, just make sure you get straight back on plan the next day and don't be too disheartened if you don't lose as much on the next WI.

You will get to where you want to be, but it won't happen in the blink of an eye. It takes work and you CAN do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find more posts on newbie.