Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Slimming world

Thread in '

Slimming World Weigh-In

' Forum started by dawn, May 11th, 2016 at 21:00 PM.
May 11th, 2016, 21:00 PM  
dawn

Slimming world

Hi,
I'm new to this site. I've just started slimming world 3 weeks ago and have only lost 3lbs, I have stuck to the plan and been really good and can't understand what I'm doing so wrong to lose just 3lbs. Has any one else had this problem too. X

May 13th, 2016, 05:36 AM  
MarieDK

Hi Dawn

A steady 1lb a week loss is great Well done on your losses so far. I do understand though, when many people lose a lot their first week but there could be a few reasons. Firstly, they could have a lot more to lose than you. Secondly, it sometimes takes a little while to get the plan completely right. I didn't lose much my first week when I started SW, and then realised I had made a complete mess of my healthy extras, then I suddenly had a really nice weight loss the next weigh in lol. The other thing can be if you came from calorie controlled to SW, in which case you might actually have slow losses until (not very technical, and only based on a few people I have seen with slower losses) your body adjusts to the new plan. It could be that on SW you are actually eating more calories, but the plan does seem to work for most people.

Just some ideas why it could be slower, but I wouldn't worry too much if you can, you are having good regular losses. I am impatient for getting rid of all the weight, but there are some benefits to losing a bit more slowly like less chance of loose skin, that you have a better chance of keeping the weight off etc.

Hope you have a really good week, and there are some really ace SW people on here who have the plan down if you have questions about it.

All the best!
Marie

May 13th, 2016, 07:22 AM  
dawn

Thank you Marie 😊x

May 13th, 2016, 10:34 AM  
sarahc4536

Hi Dawn, welcome to Social Slimmers!

There are lots of things can affect your losses, and Marie points out some good ones, especially measuring healthy extras - I became cocky after being on plan for several months and convinced myself I know exactly how much cheese I was having when I wasn't measuring it. I didn't I was having almost double the 30g allowance without realising and it threw my losses off completely. It's surpring how much of an effect it has!

Some bits of advice that I can think of:
- make sure you aren't feeling hungry - there are so many free foods you can fill up on there's something to pick at between meals
- increase your water intake, try to drink 2 litres a day, and don't include tea/coffee/diet fizzy drinks
- make sure you've got your 1/3 of speed in each meal possible, and try to snack on speed foods between meals too. You will lose weight without eating a lot of speed foods, but the speed foods do help to speed up your losses

You can always post your food diaries on here and those of us who follow SW can take a look and point out where we think you could make changes that may help

Don't be too disheartened by your 3lb in 3 weeks - it's still a great loss! You're 3lb less than you were 3 weeks ago, and as much as we all want to lose 2 stone overnight, losing weight is a marathon not a sprint you will get to where you want to be

Did you take your measurements when you started SW? Sometimes you may have what are called 'Non-Scale Victories' where you have lost inches rather than pounds.
If you've not taken them already, take them sometime soon, and then every 2-4 weeks, take them again and I bet you'll see a difference there too
You may even notice it now if your jeans/work clothes/anything feels looser than it did 3 weeks ago

May 13th, 2016, 18:21 PM  
dawn

Thank you Sarah, I think from what you have explained that maybe I'm not drinking enough water and also maybe need to up my speedy foods x