Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

A new start

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by Sandyfitz, Apr 23rd, 2016 at 08:51 AM.
Apr 23rd, 2016, 08:51 AM  
Sandyfitz

A new start

Hi this is not my 1st time with Slimming World but thought I would give it another go. I have joined online as I haven't lived in the UK for 8 years and we don't have any classes I can attend here in Qatar. Just had my 1st weigh in and have about 3 and a half stone to look
I was home in Southport last November and as I was home for just over 12 weeks thought I would join one of the local classes. I was doing well up until my husband came backe for xmas and it all went belly up
I know it's not going to be easy here but I'm going to give it a go. All foods that I ate back home are not available here such as muller light yogurts fat free fromaige frais. Basically any thing that is fat free and sugar free.
Anyone knowing anyone else in the group that lives in the Middle East would be a great help for me for me to get in contact with them. Just to know how they manage over in this part of the world.

Apr 23rd, 2016, 16:02 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to Social Slimmers! Best of luck with Slimming World

Apr 23rd, 2016, 20:33 PM  
sarahc4536

Hi Sandyfitz, welcome to Social Slimmers!

I know there was a lady on the site a few months ago who lived (I think) around that area, although I can't remember where she was exactly and I know she had the same issue - most 'fat' and 'sugar' free foods weren't available easily.
Although you can't get those things specifically, I would imagine you would still be able to follow the plan relatively closely, although it may not be as quick as you like, you should still lose the weight you want to

Good luck, and I look forward to following your journey!

Apr 26th, 2016, 06:38 AM  
MarieDK

Hi Sandy Well done for joining up again, it can be a bit trial and error in a different country, and varying degrees of difficulty depending where you live But it's definitely doable. Wishing you the best of luck and look forward to seeing how you get on. Hope you can find someone else in Qatar who might have some good tips. (I haven't been able to find anyone in Scandinavia yet haha, but we'll get there in the end)

Marie

Apr 26th, 2016, 08:52 AM  
Sandyfitz

Thank you to those who have replied to me. I am now on day 4 and I must say I'm not struggling as much as I thought I would. I've managed to find some yogurts that are syn free which makes life a little easier :-)
Fruit and veg here is plentiful and a lot more variety than UK. Just need to stay motivated and keep on plan.

Apr 26th, 2016, 12:59 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Sandy!

Welcome to Social Slimmers.

Limited foods would drive me mad. Do you have greek yoghurt etc? If availability of food is an issue would you maybe consider the clean an d whole approach to food? x

Apr 26th, 2016, 13:00 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

You're doing great!