Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Another Newbie

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by Jonny310580, Apr 7th, 2016 at 12:58 PM.
Search this Thread

Apr 7th, 2016, 12:58 PM  
Jonny310580

Another Newbie

Hi all,

I am Jonny from Scotland and I joined Slimming World last October. Although so far I have lost over 2 stone I feel am I kinda stuck in a rut as for the past month I have remained the same. Of course at least I haven't put any one but I have my wedding in 3 months time and want to lose at least another stone in a half. Do you think this is possible? Any hints and tips would be much appreciated.

thanks for reading

Apr 7th, 2016, 19:35 PM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi Jonny. Well done with your losses so far! Have you been changing around your HEs? I've heard that eating the same cereal every day, for example, can slow things down. And make sure you're drinking plenty of water. I personally never had much success with SP days but you could try that if you haven't done so already. Good luck!

Apr 7th, 2016, 19:51 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Jonny and welcome! Well done on your weight loss

Apr 8th, 2016, 08:45 AM  
Jonny310580

Thanks AliCat and Bev for replying. When you say have I been changing around my HEs what do you mean? I do eat the same breakfast everyday which consists of a muller light yoghurt and fruit. I do drink loads of water so I don't think that's an issue and I must admit I don't do many SP days either.

thank you

Apr 8th, 2016, 09:48 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

I mean that you should swap cereal for bread, or milk for cheese, as an example. I think the changes kick start things or something like that. Some people eat the same HEs day after day and get stuck in a rut. Maybe try some porridge or overnight oats for breakfast, as that's more substantial. Just a thought.

Apr 8th, 2016, 09:58 AM  
Jonny310580

Because I have acid reflux I have to have bread (4 x slices of Hovis Nimble Bread) before I go to sleep every night and I have to syn 2 of the slices as my HEX A and B so I really can't have bread, milk of cheese any other time during the day. I usually have fruit as a mid morning and afternoon snack so as of today I have cut that out and will just have water instead and see how I get on. How are you getting on?

Apr 8th, 2016, 17:50 PM  
AliCat
Maintainer

That makes things tricky then, especially eating before sleep. I've not heard of bread as a remedy for acid reflux. I always used milk/yogurt. Have you raised the head of your bed? I've taken medication for years to help with it, but gaviscon at bedtime used to help before that.
Diet wise, I'm happily maintaining by eating lots of whole foods and avoiding all unrefined sugar. I don't follow a plan as such but it definitely works for me

Apr 12th, 2016, 12:32 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Jonny,

Why do you need bread? Would other carbs do? Sorry I don't know much about it.

Try and swap around with your food, manipulates the body.

Welcome to Social Slimmers

Find more posts on newbie.