Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Help Needed

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by Nathan1801, Mar 6th, 2016 at 20:59 PM.
Mar 6th, 2016, 20:59 PM  
Nathan1801

Help Needed

Hi guys, I'm new and would just like to introduce myself and gain some peoples tips and opinions.
Anyway I'm 16 and I really want to lose weight, I currently weigh 17 stone and I feel like this is the best chance to lose weight as I'm younger, I want to join the army in the future and for obvious reasons I need to shed a few stone, now I know this wont be easy but I have done it before. I started slimming world back in October and managed to lose 1 stone upto November the weight was dropping off me, now If I had stuck with it I don't think id have been 17 stone, I've managed to put all the weight back on , So I'm thinking of re joining my local slimming world group this Tuesday and I'm going to start Boxing, How much weight do you think I could lose from now until June, with doing Boxing and slimming world?, my army application will take at least 6 to 9 months so I have got time but I also want to enjoy my summer being a little lighter.
Anyway guys, I cant wait to start this adventure and I'll appreciate all of your tips and opinions.

Mar 7th, 2016, 14:03 PM  
sarahc4536

Hi Nathan, and welcome

I've been with Slimming World for a long time, and everyone loses weight at different rates. Some people can lose 2 stone in 2 months, others can lose 1 stone in 3 months. It completely depends on each person. Even following the plan 100%, everyone loses at different rates, so there's no way to guess how much you can lose.
But if you lost 1 stone in a month last time, you could lose at the same rate again, which could mean at least 3 stone. But there is the chance that you could lose at a higher rate, so whatever happens, stick with it.

Losing weight is a marathon, not a sprint. So whatever rate you lose the weight at, just think of it as being lost for good.

I agree with exercising too, normally I try to lose the weight and then exercise (but that's also because I was lazy lol) but this time I'm doing both.
One thing I will mention is that if you start exercising at the same time that you start to change your food, you may not lose the weight as quickly as you did last time.
It's purely down to a fluid build up in the muscles after you exercise. When you ache the day after exercising, it's because your muscles have torn and they are starting to repair themselves and you get a fluid build up whilst they do this.
Don't let this stop you from doing both though! You should, especially if you are planning to go into the army, it'll help increase your fitness level

Good luck though, and hope to see you around the forums

Mar 8th, 2016, 16:30 PM  
BigC

hi nathan, good on you for looking into the army and wanting to change your lifestyle
cant really comment on how long it will take you as like sarah has said, each person is different, but i wish you the best of luck!

Mar 23rd, 2016, 16:09 PM  
pakimeow

research shows that sunlight can make people slim, so take some sunlight.