Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hello

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by little_lis83, Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:17 AM.
Search this Thread

Feb 9th, 2016, 11:17 AM  
little_lis83

hello

hi everyone, introducing myself as a new starter to the site today!

i have been on SW for a few weeks now but don't seem to be getting very far and it's starting to get me down, so i was hoping for some help and support from here!

last week i lost 3.5 and was so over the moon, moving forward, had a good food week and got in walking, running, PT sessions and kickboxing - exercise everyday - stood on the scales last night and 1.5 on.

Really disheartened by it as it's a lose or maintain one week and a gain the following, making me wonder what i am doing wrong and if plan is for me!

Lisa x

Feb 9th, 2016, 15:59 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Lisa!

Welcome to Social Slimmers

Sounds like you're quite active in which case the body has more than one measurement. Have you a measuring tape? If you don't definitely get one and measure different areas of your bod ... Good areas to measure are thighs, calf, fattest part of tum,, fattest part of arm, around belly button, neck, chest & hips.

Another way of measuring success is your clothes how do they fit?

x

Feb 9th, 2016, 16:06 PM  
little_lis83

hi,

thank you for repying to me! i hadn't taken measurements as yet but from now i am going to! my leader said that it may be a combination of not eating enough, my body adjusting to a new way of eating and also my shape changing - just disheatening when everyone in the class is losing rapidly and i am working as hard as i can and not really seeing the result i want! xxx

Feb 22nd, 2016, 10:55 AM  
sarahc4536

Hi Lisa

I know it can be disheartening whenyou don't see the results on the scales - I've been there lots!!
Like Wobbles suggested, take your measurements and keep doing it at regular intervals (every 2-4 weeks or so maybe?) and also try something on that you wore before you started with Slimming World and see how it fits now.

As you are doing so much exercise my first question would be have you dramatically increased your exercise recently? That has a huge impact on your scales results.
If you have gone from doing zero exericse when you started SW, to doing all of the above mentioned exericse each week your bosy will still be getting used to what you are doing. Exericse causes your muscles to tear and then you get a build up of water whilst they repair themselves.
I am not in anyway suggesting you stop exericsing, you're doing fantastic with it, so absolutely keep it up! Just be aware that it can have an impact on your scale results.

As long as you make sure you are sticking to the plan, you will see the weight go, but maybe not as quickly as you would like.

You could always try starting a food diary on here and we can help if you need it

Find more posts on hello.