Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Slightly embarrassed but..

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by JohnSmith, Jan 19th, 2016 at 12:10 PM.
Jan 19th, 2016, 12:10 PM  
JohnSmith

Slightly embarrassed but..

Hello everyone.

I'm a 64 year old gent who for many years never had a problem with his weight. Some 9 years ago however I lost my mobility through a medical condition and the weight slowly started to go up and up. I joined SW over the festive period and so far I have lost weight but for some reason hate getting on the scales. I have so far lost around 12lbs in total to date and actually feel better. The one thing I have stopped doing though is drinking alcohol which was making me eat more,especially at night.

Anyways,just thought I would tell you all how it's going.

Big journey ahead.

Jan 19th, 2016, 14:26 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi John!

Welcome to Social Slimmers.

Sorry to hear of your mobility problems, that must have been a big knock for you.

Staying off the scales isn't a bad thing, most people go the other way and are obsessed which is unhealthy (like me, I did that :lol) so checking in every now and then is a good thing. Nice one on losing 12lbs already especially with the Christmas goodies that float around until just past the new year usually!

Good luck with your goals, you're already smashing it!

Jan 19th, 2016, 14:55 PM  
JohnSmith

Thank you for the reply.

Already Decided to get weighed once a month at meetings and go by my clothes in between as an incentive. At the end of the day it's a change of life styles and so far it's been easy apart from missing a tipple. I have some questions but will ask about them on the open forum board.

Thx again

Jan 19th, 2016, 16:13 PM  
sarahc4536

Hi John

Welcome to Social Slimmers!
Sorry to hear about your mobility problems, but a massive congratulations on losing 12lbs so far, that's fantastic!
I agree with Wobbles, staying off the scales isn't a bad thing and sometimes they don't show the results as much as your clothes do, and the way our clothes fit (for me anyway!) is what makes me feel better.

Good luck on your journey, and I look forward to seeing you around the forum

Jan 19th, 2016, 16:55 PM  
DebR

Hi John,

Big well done on your weight loss, that's fantastic.

I know what you mean about going on the scales. I am doing this myself using SW plan. I was going to ask my hubby to weigh me but felt too embarrassed.

Going by your clothes is a good indication, we have to think that this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix, so keep up the good work and we can all do it together. Good luck on your journey.😊

Jan 19th, 2016, 18:09 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi John and welcome to Social Slimmers! Sorry to hear about your mobility issues, that must be challenging
You are doing great with the weight loss! Well done on the 12 lbs lost!

Jan 20th, 2016, 02:11 AM  
thistle

Hi John, welcome to Social Slimmers.

Well done on your weight loss so far, you are doing fantastic!

Jan 20th, 2016, 11:09 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi John, nice to meet you. Well done on your weight loss so far

Jan 20th, 2016, 12:32 PM  
JohnSmith

Thx for the positive feedback everyone. Already feel at home on here. Is it better to post questions on here regarding weight loss info,or elsewhere ?

Jan 20th, 2016, 20:59 PM  
AliCat
Maintainer

If you're following SW I would find a thread in that section, or start a new thread there. You'll find plenty of help.