Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Slimming world buddy wanted - Tuesday weigh in

Thread in '

Slimming World

' Forum started by Mrs-g, Jan 3rd, 2016 at 22:09 PM.
Jan 3rd, 2016, 22:09 PM  
Mrs-g

Slimming world buddy wanted - Tuesday weigh in

Hi I'm about to start slimming world on Tuesday, I have crept up from 10st 2ish to 10st 10 ish over Christmas and want to get to my target of under 10 stone which I haven't been able to achieve myself in about 8 years - this is my first time on any official diet - I have my concerns as to whether I am going to have time to do this, but after research I have made a 7 day meal plan, shopped ingredients and my first unofficial day has been good.

B/f 3 tomato sausages (butchers so probably loads of Syns)
2 slices of hovis wholemeal (large loaf so a slice over)
Baked beans
2 poached eggs

Lunch 1 portion of s/w recipe carrot and coriander soup

Dinner s/w recipe Cajun chicken and half pouch of uncle bens whole grain rice

Think I'm going to have a toffee muller light.

I'd love an online buddy for motivation and chat

Jan 3rd, 2016, 22:26 PM  
luckxox

Welcome I started last week.. but only really officially started friday . I've used up some food in the house so bread wise like yourself went a slice over. But counted 1 as healthy extra and syn'd the other slice. All gone now so on the smaller loafs. I didn't really want to faff around in the kitchen tonight so made SW chips... highly recommend. . So easy to do and taste great with eggs and tomato

Jan 3rd, 2016, 22:56 PM  
Mrs-g

Hi, yes I did s/w chips last night - they actually tasted really good.

I'm a bit nervous about the group - not too sure what to expect - and it promises to be no counting measuring etc but already I found myself measuring out dinner tonight to make sure me and dh had the same.

He is doing it too but just following my lead - not going to groups, not doing the meal plans, not doing the cooking! Thinks he's got it easy although he wants to lose 2 stone.

I have a holiday in 5 weeks so going to really focus until then, lose what I can then just relax on holiday.

My freezer is full of cheese muffins, pizza, garlic bread, filled pasta and everything else that we can't eat - along with most of my cupboards - so not sure how long term this will be. 😳

Jan 3rd, 2016, 23:03 PM  
Looby

Hi there,

Welcome to you both.

There's a 'Weekly Weigh In' section where you'll find a 'Tuesday Weigh' thread. Feel free to pop in there and say hi, and let us know how you're getting on. Lots of friendly folk and help and support where needed on here.

Looby x x

Jan 3rd, 2016, 23:20 PM  
luckxox

I agree... very friendly reception I have received so far. Doing online only. But successfully lost 5 stone on weight watchers online only so know I can do it... infortunatly holidays and Christmases. Got me back in to bad habits and put 4 stone back on... my freezers and cupboards are also full of 'bad foods' though other half doesn't need to lose weight so he'll eat them.. but then he'll still eat the healthy foods. Such as I'll make a healthy pasta dish and he'll have full fat cheese on top and garlic bread on the side..
Alcohol is my biggest vice. Turned.down chocolate, cake and biscuits this weekend... but couldn't refuse the alcohol

Jan 3rd, 2016, 23:37 PM  
Mrs-g

Wow - 5 stone that's amazing!!!! Least you know you can do it! I'm glad my dh is doing it with me - I'd not be happy if he cracked open the garlic bread when I was eating my pasta!

I don't drink so I'm ok with that - but I have recently been snacking a lot - biscuits and doughnuts - but once you start looking at the syn values of everything you realise how bad every day food is (well at least in slimming world terms).

I was considering online as I'm not sure I have an hour and a half to spare in the evenings once kids are in bed it's mine and dh time but we don't talk we just sit and watch telly and play on our phones so I might enjoy it and he'll not even notice I'm gone - unless the kids play up!

Jan 3rd, 2016, 23:46 PM  
Looby

Quote:
Quote by luckxox View Post
I agree... very friendly reception I have received so far. Doing online only. But successfully lost 5 stone on weight watchers online only so know I can do it... infortunatly holidays and Christmases. Got me back in to bad habits and put 4 stone back on... my freezers and cupboards are also full of 'bad foods' though other half doesn't need to lose weight so he'll eat them.. but then he'll still eat the healthy foods. Such as I'll make a healthy pasta dish and he'll have full fat cheese on top and garlic bread on the side..
Alcohol is my biggest vice. Turned.down chocolate, cake and biscuits this weekend... but couldn't refuse the alcohol
At least you know what your vice is...so try to work your syns around that. My friend that comes to group with me is rather partial to a glass or two of wine, so she saves her syns for just that. Works for her. I tend to keep off the booze apart from for special occasions, as I'd rather spend my syns on other things.

Hope you have a good week. x

Jan 3rd, 2016, 23:50 PM  
Looby

Quote:
Quote by Mrs-g View Post
Wow - 5 stone that's amazing!!!! Least you know you can do it! I'm glad my dh is doing it with me - I'd not be happy if he cracked open the garlic bread when I was eating my pasta!

I don't drink so I'm ok with that - but I have recently been snacking a lot - biscuits and doughnuts - but once you start looking at the syn values of everything you realise how bad every day food is (well at least in slimming world terms).

I was considering online as I'm not sure I have an hour and a half to spare in the evenings once kids are in bed it's mine and dh time but we don't talk we just sit and watch telly and play on our phones so I might enjoy it and he'll not even notice I'm gone - unless the kids play up!
Syn values can be a right shocker, can't they! Things I thought were 'ok' sometimes really aren't at all! Mind you...the shock is good to steer me away from those things!

I personally love going to my group 'Image Therapy' sessions. My group is so lovely...really friendly, and we have such a laugh. My consultant has a great sense of humour, so it's like going to a comedy show every Tuesday evening. I actually cherish that 'me' time, away from hubby and child.

I think that staying to group really helps me to stay on track too. I've picked up loads of hints and tips whilst there.

I hope you find your group as positive an experience as I do.

Good luck this week.

x x

Jan 4th, 2016, 00:00 AM  
luckxox

I do think groups could be great.. not ruling out for myself... just for time being doing it online. I agree it's good I know my vices... alonh with the alcohol came the nibbles... so truing to make sure I fill up on syn free food prior to drinking atleast.

Jan 4th, 2016, 00:12 AM  
sarahc4536

Welcome Mrs-g

I'm a Monday weigher, but we are all always here to help each other out and support each other.

SW is a healthy eating plan more than a diet I think. Your can still have the 'naughty' foods, just in moderation. It's about creating a lifestyle change and encouraging people to cook from scratch more rather than frozen foods and jarred sauces.

And Please don't be worried about going to group, I absolutely love mine and I've made some great friends there too. And if your first class is this week then I would imagine you will get a group 'new member talk'. The talk is usually done to just the new members, but as it's the first week back after Christmas, and there will be lots of new people in the majority of classes, everyone gets a new member talk to the whole group (or i assume it will happen in all groups as SW recommend it to happen lol)
So there will probably be a few other nervous new people along with you give it a few weeks at least, if it's not for you you can change to online but I hope you'll enjoy it

With regards to your food plan, this is what I can work out regarding the Syns:
4 Syns for the second slice of wholemeal bread
I'd count 6.5 Syns per 100g of sausages
Uncle bens wholegrain rice is 3.5 Syns for the pouch, so count 2 for that (better to count over than under!)
You get 5-15 Syns each day so you should be ok with what you've got planned
It's always tricky when you've got all those foods in the freezer etc, but you can still eat them, it's just about trying to figure out the syn value and work them into the plan.
Failing that invite people round and feed it to them hehehe

The only think I'd suggest is maybe growing in some mushrooms or tomatoes with your breakfast if you can, the more speed food the better the losses