Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

I won ...

Thread in '

The Lounge

' Forum started by Wobbles, Dec 8th, 2015 at 19:33 PM.
Dec 8th, 2015, 19:33 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I won ...

A cake weighing 9lbs 14ozs at the girls Christmas fair ... a cake I can't eat or justify to keep it's massive and certainly doesn't fall in with the 'diet'! I'd love a slice but OH doesn't like it and although the girls want to keep it assuming they even like it it's still a lot to have sitting in the house regardless of how long it lasts (apparently months)!

How bad luck is that? Not the £100 or the photo shoot ... the amazing looking cake that you can't eat!

Of course other lovely goodies were won that I couldn't dive into either!

How great is the cake though. It's fruit with brandy!
Attached Images
I won ...-xmascakewin.jpg

Dec 8th, 2015, 22:01 PM  
PurpleJ

Aww that is such a shame! But I can see your point totally and it would be a big waste if the kids didn't like it.

Could you put it back for it to be raffled, or to a charity for a raffle? or even charity xmas day meal like for Mind (I work for them sorry for the plug). lol

Just some ideas to make you feel better.

Dec 9th, 2015, 10:13 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I thought the local children's home but my friend says there is only 4 children there and it would be too big for them.

I know someone who's Mum is doing a Christmas dinner at their local church for people alone so he's asked her just had no reply yet.

It keeps for months but it would be temptation all the time for something 'sweet'!

Are you North Wales PurpleJ? x

Dec 9th, 2015, 14:30 PM  
missbelle

That is some great talent on the cake, amazing.

I would love a slice of this but some size cake if only you ends up liking it. Hopefully you will find somewhere to donate.

Belle xx

Dec 10th, 2015, 11:24 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Nobody has taken me up on donating it so I think maybe I will let the girls try it and pop the rest back into the school for the teachers at their lunch break. As long as it doesn't go in the bin is my thinking ... x