Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Taco shell syns?

Thread in '

Syn Values

' Forum started by catmad, Nov 3rd, 2015 at 16:00 PM.
Nov 3rd, 2015, 16:00 PM  
catmad

Taco shell syns?

Hi - how many syns in Taco shells please? They're from Lidl and are called El Tequito. Oh just realised it's a dinner kit! 12 little tacos, a sachet of seasoning and some sauce called mild tacosas 150g. Never had them before. I have a sneaky suspicion that they might be syn loaded - maybe OH can have the sauce? x

Ah, they're 35g each so that's 80 calories each = 4 syns? It doesn't mention the sauce but, if my translation is correct, it's tomatoes, green chilli peppers, vinegar, spice and sugar (doesn't say how much). x

Nov 3rd, 2015, 16:10 PM  
catmad

Mini eclairs - syns?

I have no willpower..............................

I bought a packet of seven mini eclairs with chocolate and cream - they're about an inch and a half big - what would people consider a syn value would be for them. I ate two - could have been worse, could have eaten all seven!!! x

Nov 3rd, 2015, 17:51 PM  
AliCat
Maintainer

2.5 for the eclairs (yum) and apparently 3.5 for the tacos. Not sure on the sauce. Maybe 2tsps of sugar to be on the safe side? X

Nov 4th, 2015, 20:56 PM  
catmad

Hey 5 syns for two eclairs wasn't too bad then! Gave the rest to the chickens to get them out of the reach of my hot, sticky hands. Please tell me that some of you are as greedy as I am - I could have eaten all seven without stopping for breath!

Re the tacos - thinking of having them on Friday night but it all depends if we go to the fireworks tomorrow night. Been invited by a friend of a friend's so no idea what kind of food would be there. Jacket potato would be good if I was having a green day, but hot dogs would be good on a red day. Shall I have an EE day and just stay away from the syns? If I save my hexa (always cheese, don't drink tea) and save my hexb (bread usually) I guess I could play it by ear? Maybe eat loads of fruit before I go. Anyway, back to tacos. Having read a zillion recipes on the net for taco fillings everyone says homemade is much better than the packet sauce so I'll make my own and save loads of syns. 3.5 each so I could have two - with chips? What does everyone else serve with tacos? Never, ever had them before xxx

Nov 4th, 2015, 21:33 PM  
sarahc4536

Tacos sound lovely! I hadn't had them in sooo long!
When I have made them I usually stuff them with some extra lean mince, cooked with chopped onions and peppers, and some salad too

Nov 4th, 2015, 21:45 PM  
catmad

Ooh yes, like a wrap. Will practice making a sweet onion sauce like they have in Subway - not very Mexican but all I can find is guacamole recipes. Never had Mexican food so I'll see what I can come up with x