Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hello - New here

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by Sonja, Oct 20th, 2015 at 14:01 PM.
Oct 20th, 2015, 14:01 PM  
Sonja

Hello - New here

I am new here, but not to dieting...I've been on a diet since I was about 20 years old... As a teenager I was hospitalised for Anorexia, now I am the opposite, I binge eat... I haven't quite figured out the triggers yet, but I find not forbidding myself to eat certain things helps, as I don't really want them then.

Anyway, I am in a group for people that binge eat that my GP has referred me to. We've got 2 more sessions and I have found it helps. When I started the group I decided to stop dieting. The first couple of weeks I actually gained weight, but the last 2 weeks I've been cooking myself and my husband healthy meals every day and found that I firstly enjoy them and secondly I lost 3.4kg (or 7.5 lbs). I am happy and very motivated to continue.

I know my husband doesn't find me attractive anymore since I've gained weight and also because I've got PCOS it makes it nearly impossible for me to get pregnant if I don't lose weight.

So here I am and hope to get some advice along the way

Sonja

Oct 20th, 2015, 14:57 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Sonja and welcome to Social Slimmers! I'm glad the group you are going to is a good help

Oct 20th, 2015, 19:02 PM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi Sonja, nice to meet you. I hope the forum can be of help and inspiration to you.

Oct 21st, 2015, 10:12 AM  
Sonja

Hello. Thank you both for your replies I hope to meed some nice people on my journey, because at times it can feel really lonely...

Nov 11th, 2015, 14:43 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Sonja!

Welcome to Social Slimmers!

Nothing wrong with not being on a diet and eating healthy .... that is my life now Eating healthy brings many other positives though including good moods, more energy, etc.

x