Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hi folks :)

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by lisajade, Oct 3rd, 2015 at 21:43 PM.
Search this Thread

Oct 3rd, 2015, 21:43 PM  
lisajade

Hi folks :)

I'm Lisa, and I'm brand new to the site, though I have been a dieter in some form or another since childhood (I'm 33 now)...

So many times I have lost weight to a point I was comfortable with, but unfortunately I've learnt very little about my coping strategies, emotional health or my relationship with food, so the cycle has continued.

There has been little progress over the past few years, I haven't been in a good place mentally, as a dearly loved member of my family had a long battle with a terminal illness and passed on 10 months ago. I have also been in a difficult place in my marriage recently, and well... Food has been my ongoing source of comfort.

Anyway, life isn't perfect yet, but I am starting to feel ready to start making some positive changes and take my health into my own hands. I haven't got a plan yet, googling and finding this site was my first step. Whatever step that is, I'm going to be kind to myself and focus on good things instead of beating myself up. I guess I probably weigh around 20 stone or so, but I haven't checked my weight yet.

Anyway, enough babble for now, looking forward to browsing the site Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

Oct 4th, 2015, 15:48 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Lisa and welcome to Social Slimmers! Best of luck with your weight loss

Oct 8th, 2015, 15:34 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Social Slimmers!

You could focus on some lifestyle changes which include your relationship with food rather than seeing it as a diet you go up and down from? Some plans like SW get people off to a starting point though ... I started on SW changed some ways and progressed alone to more clean eating whereas I've seen friends follow it righ tto the end with some amazing results too.

My biggest advice is making small goals... when I was at my heaviest I set mini goals both in weight and clothes so there was always something to work for.

Good luck, you can do it x

Find more posts on folks.