Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hello from an "Oldie"

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by CLIRONKA, Sep 24th, 2015 at 10:08 AM.
Sep 24th, 2015, 10:08 AM  
CLIRONKA

Hello from an "Oldie"

Hello, I will be 65 in a few days time.

I was going to be "slim at 55", "slim at 60" etc etc. Too late to lose 5.7 stone before I turn 65 - BUT my 65th year will be the one where I get my eating under control and get below 12 stone. I always seem to fail at the point where I get to near 12 stone.
I still work p/t, have a couple of health niggles and know there is a stressy time coming up with an extension, interior refurb, new kitchen etc.
We are allotment holders and both quite passionate about it. Loads of fresh fruit and veg feature in our meals.

I need to be told when I'm making excuses and feeling sorry for myself.

Sep 24th, 2015, 11:10 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to Social Slimmers!

Sep 24th, 2015, 17:24 PM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi there, welcome to the board. Will you following a particular plan? I personally love SW

Sep 25th, 2015, 14:27 PM  
CLIRONKA

Thank you for the welcome.
I am not keen on "club" type diet groups.
Inclined towards LOW CARB especially as both bread and potatoes can set off my asthma - difficult as I LOVE bread. Considering doing a few weeks of VLCD to give a starting boost, not easy when there are several celebrations lined up, but maybe doing 2 replacements a day and one low carb meal. Have to keep reminding me that I need to sit comfortably on the plane to MADEIRA for Christmas.

Sep 25th, 2015, 17:01 PM  
PurpleJ

Hi and welcome
Whatever eating plan you choose I hope you manage to celebrate still and remember age is just a number! I'm sure you'll hit your goal if you keep on track and set your mind to it.

Look forward to sharing your journey with you.

Sep 28th, 2015, 08:15 AM  
CLIRONKA

Officially started yesterday - no social eating until 4th October, then there a number of big events. Must focus on Madeira at Christmas. I carry my weight on my stomach - it is enormous - those little trays on the plane will not sit level, but rest on my gigantic belly. Seat belt goes underneath, that's not my problem. It's the little tray that worries me.

Sep 29th, 2015, 19:27 PM  
sarahc4536

Welcome to the forums!
I'm sure that which ever way you decide to lose what you want to, you'll get there in time As much as we'd all like to wake up a couple of stone lighter in morning, we all know it doesn't happen that way, but we will get there when we try!
Good luck on your journey

Oct 2nd, 2015, 23:09 PM  
CLIRONKA

Just read a set of reviews about XLSMedical Max, never been one to be tempted in by "magic" pills or systems, but interested to hear if anyone here has tried them and their opinions/experiences