Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hi there

Thread in '

Slimming World

' Forum started by skinnysarahb, Sep 19th, 2015 at 16:03 PM.
Sep 19th, 2015, 16:03 PM  
skinnysarahb

Hi there

Hi everyone, I'm new on here and just wondering if you guys would recommend Slimming World? I'm contemplating joining my local group. I'm going to Australia in January to a family wedding and am currently 12st7lbs (am 5ft 2in tall) and I'd really like to head over there actually feeling good about myself. Have done lipotrim in the past - 3 years ago when I was getting married and lost 3.5 stone. Unfortunately, didn't manage to keep it off and am back right where I started...I really need something that I can stick to in the long term to try and help me keep the weight off for good. If anyone could share their success story with me I'd be really grateful. I keep flip flopping between diets and getting nowhere so I really need some help and to find something that I can make work for me with no more excuses...And also so that I can hopefully look at myself in the mirror like instead of ...

Sep 20th, 2015, 02:21 AM  
matt9210

Hey Sarah,
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find Slimming World is for you. I joined almost a year ago, and though not at target, I'm the lightest I ever remember being in teen/adult life.

The plan DOES work, so best advice I can give you is just stick to it, and you'll be where you want to be one day. I don't know my exact target, and it's been a little hard at times getting to a weight I thought I'd love my body at, and that not being the case. But I think that was more due to not really knowing what a healthy weight is. I still don't know what my healthy happy weight is, but I know I'm the closest I've ever been!

My reason for starting was the year in Japan I'll be starting next week. I know without a doubt I'm going there a much healthier, more positive person than the person I was a year ago. And I promise you, it's such a great feeling

Sep 20th, 2015, 05:09 AM  
technoqueen

Hi sarah. Im a similar weight and height to you 12st 12lb and 5ft 3lb. I started slimming world on tuesday and im amazed at how much i can eat and this is by far the easiest diet ive tried,id say that this is the key to a successful weight loss journey as its a plan i will stick to. I know its early days for me but i had a sneaky weigh in today and my scales say ive lost 6lb in my first 5 days. Weigh in is tuesday so im excited to see what the official loss is. Good look on your weight loss journey,whatever you decide to do :-) x

Sep 20th, 2015, 09:31 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

I would wholeheartedly recommend SW as a healthy eating plan for life. The vast array of free foods mean very little weighing and measuring, and allows you to fit in with your family/friends. It's so easy to follow. I'm a bit addicted to be honest! I'm near my target and feel so much better for it. I know some people don't get on with the plan, but I'd definitely say to give it a go!

Sep 20th, 2015, 12:01 PM  
skinnysarahb

Guys, thank you all so much for your replies. It means a lot and so great to hear so much encouragement. I've looked up my local group details and the meetings are on a Thursday. Not joining this week as I have a few social events on this week/next weekend but am going to join on Thursday week with absolute bells on. Thanks to everyone for helping me to make a decision and looking forward to getting to know you guys on the forum!

Sep 20th, 2015, 13:08 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to Social Slimmers! Best of luck with SW

Sep 20th, 2015, 16:20 PM  
PurpleJ

Hi and welcome - would totally recommend SW. There are some truly inspiring members on here like Matt among others who have lost 6 and 7 stone. Numbers I can only hope of achieving one day, with time and commitment.

I hope you get on well and enjoy the support here too. A lot of us run a journal and also there is a Christmas challenge if you fancy setting a goal.

Good luck.

Sep 20th, 2015, 22:26 PM  
sarahc4536

I'd absolutely recommend SW, 100%.
Like the others have said, provided you stick to plan, it completely works. He thug with SW is that it's not a diet. It's a healthy eating plan. It's a lifestyle change and helps to change your relationship with foods. I've previously lost almost 2.5 stone to get to target, and although I'm starting again virtually, I've lost 8.5lbs in 4 weeks. I lost 7.5lb of that in two weeks when I started sticking to plan completely again.

Good luck with joining your group, and I look forward to seeing you around the forum x

Sep 21st, 2015, 16:55 PM  
just_lyndsey_15

I would definitely recommend SW, I first did it about 10 years ago when I was 19 and lost nearly 5 stone. Unfortunately I just let it all go and put it all back on plus more () I've tried other plans and they didn't work as they were too restrictive or required a lot of effort with counting and weighing everything. I'm too lazy (and usually too hungry) for that! haha...

I believe I'm week 11-12 now and I've lost 1 stone 10 1/2 lbs, this time I feel so confident and I know the plan is too easy for me to fail. I don't plan (which I know I will have to start to do soon) but I make sure there is nothing in my cupboards but the right stuff and that when I'm hungry that's what I grab.

Definitely worth a shot and there is so much support on here to help you

Sep 21st, 2015, 19:51 PM  
skinnysarahb

Thanks a million guys! Really feel like this forum will be a great support with so many lovely people on here. Looking forward to joining group now and getting started!!!