Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hello to you all

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by Biglad82, Aug 26th, 2015 at 01:25 AM.
Aug 26th, 2015, 01:25 AM  
Biglad82

hello to you all

Hello to you all.. Thought it was about time I forced myself to make a change to my lifestyle..

5 year ago I was 17.5st 6"3 playing rugby every weekend football in the week. Hiking when ever and where ever possible. But after breaking a bone in my neck and having nothing to do but bed rest for 6th put me on a path to where I am today...

for the last 3 year since no longer able to play rugby my fitness days took a huge plummet and so with that did my health and eating habits.

I know what it takes to get fit and stay fit. I must admit my motivation for the last 3 years has been 0. So time I need to do something about it.

Atm I'm 32 approx 23st. My first goal would be to lose that 3. And eventually get down to that 17-17.5st mark where I was at my fittest.. always been a big lad. The skinny look just wouldn't be me or even suit my frame... so hopefully thus will be the beginning of great things to come..

See ya all around.
Mark

Aug 26th, 2015, 07:46 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Mark and welcome to Social Slimmers! Sorry to hear about your injury. Best of luck with your weight loss

Aug 26th, 2015, 09:19 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi Mark, nice to meet you

Aug 26th, 2015, 09:59 AM  
PurpleJ

Hi Mark

I'm sure with motivation and support (both available here) you can soon lose those stones! we have a male member here who has just had his 6 stone award last night from Slimming World so it can totally be done! What weight loss plan are you using? I lost a load of weigh with good old diet and exercise in the past, but it came back and I struggled to lose just a couple of lbs for 3 months before biting the bullet and joining slimming world - am 21lb down in 8 weeks now so glad I joined and the group is a great support.

A lot of us run journals where we post food and offer each other support, we also post our daily stuff so often warts and all which is fine.

There is a Christmas challenge too if you fancy jumping on board.

Look forward to seeing you around the board and celebrating your losses.

Aug 26th, 2015, 15:11 PM  
Biglad82

Quote:
Quote by PurpleJ View Post
Hi Mark

I'm sure with motivation and support (both available here) you can soon lose those stones! we have a male member here who has just had his 6 stone award last night from Slimming World so it can totally be done! What weight loss plan are you using? I lost a load of weigh with good old diet and exercise in the past, but it came back and I struggled to lose just a couple of lbs for 3 months before biting the bullet and joining slimming world - am 21lb down in 8 weeks now so glad I joined and the group is a great support.

A lot of us run journals where we post food and offer each other support, we also post our daily stuff so often warts and all which is fine.

There is a Christmas challenge too if you fancy jumping on board.

Look forward to seeing you around the board and celebrating your losses.
Thank you very much.

I won't be on any plan as such. I just plan on eating correctly and hammering the exercise... a big problem is I enjoy my food.. lol and that'll be one of the biggest changes I'm going to have to make

Aug 27th, 2015, 09:43 AM  
PurpleJ

Sounds like a good plan.. if it doesn't work then you can reassess things.

We all enjoy our food it's why we're here lets face it. lol I love the fact with SW I can actually eat loads without counting calories or carbs. The free foods etc all become ingrained.

But then doing it yourself it's the stuff you turn to that you know is healthy

Good luck getting started - that is the toughest bit

Aug 27th, 2015, 19:38 PM  
just_lyndsey_15

Nice to 'meet you' Mark!

I'm a fellow food fan, unless I've ate a massive dinner then I think I've been starved... Haha... I am also on slimming world, I've lost 1 stone 5 1/2 lbs in 9 weeks. I've not been hungry and still get to enjoy a big healthy binge here and there, which is fab. I would definitely suggest looking for some SW recipes as you'll never go hungry

Good luck!!

Aug 28th, 2015, 00:54 AM  
Biglad82

Thanks all.
TBH apart from feeling daft joining one of the club's. £££ are in short supply so if I can do it another way that'll be an added bonus..

Aug 29th, 2015, 16:05 PM  
Buddhabelly

Good luck with your weightloss - you sound very motivated.

Some GPs offer SW on referral, might me worth enquiring.

If not there are plenty of like minded people willing to offer advice and guidance on whatever plan you choose.

Lara X