Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Serial Dieter no more!

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by loubylou, Aug 24th, 2015 at 22:55 PM.
Search this Thread

Aug 24th, 2015, 22:55 PM  
loubylou

Serial Dieter no more!

Hey! I am 27 special needs teacher in Kent

I have always been 'curvy' and have lost and gained the same couple of stone every year for the last 10 years!

My most successful diet was the first one I ever did 10 years ago (slimming world)- lost 4 stone and got to target for a couple of years, unfortunately I went to uni and found love and the two led to me putting it all back on.

Since then I have attempted to loose several times using a mixture of ways- meal replacement shakes of various varieties, had some success calorie counting and weight watchers but have always jacked it in before reaching target.

I am now more determined than ever to repeat previous successes and am returning to slimming world. I have lived on green days (as I remember them) this week and have already lost 5lb and am heading to class on Wednesday to help me continue this. A friend of mine is maintaining at the same class and has done for the last few years so I intend on getting to that point too!

So a little under 3 stone left to loose, 2 dress sizes and a stack of confidence to gain

I am on several other forums linked to my hobbies (particularly horsey ones!), but this is the first slimming forum and I am looking forward to sharing experiences and supporting each other to help me succeed where I have failed in the past

Aug 25th, 2015, 09:12 AM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. Plenty of SW support on offer. Maybe you could start a food journal?

Aug 25th, 2015, 11:14 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to Social Slimmers!

Aug 25th, 2015, 12:05 PM  
PurpleJ

Hi and welcome
A lot of us are posting journals with our food diary for support and accountability.
Also there is a challenge area for Christmas and tail end of summer challenge if you fancy it

Look forward to seeing you around - I'm another serial yo-yo dieter. Sadly I'm resigned to this being life long - hoping SW will help me maintain one day.. never managed that so well done for achieving it in the past.

Aug 25th, 2015, 13:40 PM  
loubylou

thanks for the warm welcome- will go and start a food journal now

Aug 29th, 2015, 16:07 PM  
Buddhabelly

Hi and welcome to the site.

You sound really motivated and up for the challenge.

Good luck - look forward to hearing about your successes.

Lara x

Find more posts on dieter, serial.