Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

New SW online member: week 1 done.

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by Elen, Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:21 PM.
Search this Thread

Aug 17th, 2015, 12:21 PM  
Elen

New SW online member: week 1 done.

Hi all,

I joined up to SW online last week and have just recorded my first loss of 3 1/2 lb . My overall target is to lose 5 st so I still have a long way to go! I think my first week went pretty well apart from a total blow-out on Saturday night when I went out with friends and ended up in an American dessert restaurant ordering waffles and ice-cream (oops!), however I was right back to in on Sunday so I'm trying not to feel too guilty. My husband is following SW with me and is being very supportive as he wants to lose some weight himself so I feel positive that we can do it together.

I know it is probably better to join a group, but due to erratic work hours I can't really commit to one right now. I was a bit disappointed that SW don't have their own online support forum, seeing how expensive the online membership is, but nevermind, I am now here and excited to share my weight loss journey with others!

Elen

Aug 17th, 2015, 13:38 PM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Nice to meet you Elen. I do SW online and use all the lovely people on here as my support group. They really are fantastic! How lovely that your husband is doing it with you. I would recommend looking through our food journals and keeping one yourself as they're brilliant motivation. Best of luck on your journey

Aug 17th, 2015, 15:03 PM  
Elen

Thank you AliCat! I have just started a food journal so hopefully this will keep me motivated

Aug 17th, 2015, 15:36 PM  
York1e

Hello and good luck with your journey! It is fab that your husband is doing it with you as my partner doesn't and I find it a real struggle at times x

Aug 17th, 2015, 16:45 PM  
Elen

Thank you! Yes, I am very lucky, my husband cooks a lot of our meals midweek anyway as I'm doing a PhD and am often late home, so it would be really difficult if he wasn't on board. I made the SW beef lasagne yesterday and I think he was very impressed how tasty it was and how much he could still eat!

Aug 17th, 2015, 18:20 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Elen and welcome to Social Slimmers!

Aug 17th, 2015, 22:51 PM  
thistle

Hi Elen, welcome to the forum.

I've got/had about the same amount to lose as you have. I joined Slimming World 8wks ago and am finding it much better than any other diet/eating plan I have done. I'm eating more than I ever have, but much healthier, and the weight is coming off.

It's great that your husband is on this plan with you, it will make all the difference, especially as you're doing this online rather than going to a group.

Everyone here is just so helpful and so encouraging. I've found that keeping a food journal on here really helpful, I hope you find it helps you as well. I've already posted on your journal thread, but I look forward to following along with you.

Aug 18th, 2015, 12:01 PM  
Elen

Thank you very much, it's great to have support when not attending a group

Aug 18th, 2015, 22:50 PM  
PurpleJ

Hi and welcome Elen - sorry am late here.

I started at a similar weight so know how disheartening it can feel facing a long journey, but small goals and accountability to SW have helped me so far, and hopefully will do for the rest of the journey.

Look forward to sharing yours with you. Well done on your loss so far

Find more posts on member, new, online, week.