Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hi all

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by HeavyWeight, Jul 7th, 2015 at 00:12 AM.
Search this Thread

Jul 7th, 2015, 00:12 AM  
HeavyWeight

Hi all

Hi,

I'm HeavyWeight, and I have gained back the 3 stone 1.5 lbs with interest in the last year .

Between Dec 2013 and July 2014 I lost 3 stone 1.5 lbs with slimming world. It was brilliant I lost over xmas, and stayed the same over my hen weekend and wedding'honeymoon. I loved following the diet and enjoyed exercising - I was at my gold body magic award.

Things quickly went pear shaped (including me). I got a new job as a temp office worker at the same time as a part time retail job. I was working sometimes 60 hours a week and didn't have a day off for 5 weeks. My temp job was soul destroying and I am pretty sure I became depressed. Despite this I had only gained 1.5 stones. I then started my Masters degree. I didn't go back to group, I wanted to wait to get back to my weight from the time I last went - pride got in my way. Then life got in the way - I got busy with two jobs, married life, studying and I have been pretty ill (including being hospitalised). Now here I am a year from last being at group and 4 stone 10lbs up. I am so mad at myself - I am my heaviest weight now.

I want to get back to the weight I had originally gone down to as my mid term goal - by Christmas. That is 2,6lbs a week - doable but it will be tough - so if possible motivation, support and a kick up the backside will do wonders.

I have taken the decision not to return to group. The only thing I got out of it was the peer pressure of someone knowing how I did. My consultant unfortunately was not exactly an example of slimming world working, and she did nothing to give inspiration or even discuss recipes etc. I saw my old consultant recently and she is even bigger than before I left, still running the group. I understand that consultants are all human and not perfect, but there was no guidance, and no indication that she stuck to plan herself. All that went on was going over how people did that week. I can get that from a forum really. I might going forward find another in the city, as I travel daily to work there, but right now it would be stretching the budget! I understand from others that there are some amazing enriching groups that really support, motivate and inspire - I would like to find one of those!

So please give me a kick up the backside at any point I slip, and motivation when I get lazy. I will try do the same.

I can't wait to have a rummage around the site to see everything

HW

Jul 7th, 2015, 14:50 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi HW,

Welcome to Social Slimmers

I know what that backwards step feels like but you can get back on track, you can and you will right? I experienced bigger drops at the beginning of my weight loss (I also dropped just over 4 stone) and fingers crossed you do too.

I started with SW but soon went it alone and I've done good ... a slip up between moving and renovations but I'm back determined to get back to where I was.

You can do this, you can and you will! Looking forward to keeping up with your journey.

x

Jul 7th, 2015, 15:43 PM  
lyndseylf

Hi HW, I can also relate to your post as since I got married 3 years ago ive put 3 stone back on and I have tried slimming world so manytimes but cant stick to it for some reason. I am not sure of what I am going to do next but I really need to start losing so I can get a feel good boost as the weight is beginning to get me down.

lyndsey

Jul 7th, 2015, 17:30 PM  
HeavyWeight

Thanks for the kind words!

Glad to see there are others like me here! I am hoping for a decent first week loss to get me motivated

To be honest I am not sure it matters what plan you do, as long as you stick with it. It is the sticking with it during the tough times that are my problem!

Thanks for the encouragement!

HW

Jul 7th, 2015, 17:34 PM  
lyndseylf

Hi, HW. I don't kno if your the same but I get board really easy when my husband is on nights. I can sympathise with you as its so hard. I'm an emotional eater aswell. Need a hobby to keep me occupied but stuck in a rut.

Lyndsey

Jul 7th, 2015, 18:16 PM  
AliCat
Maintainer

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your story. I totally understand about stressed eating. Hope you find the support you need. I'm new and everyone seems great, really friendly :-)

Jul 7th, 2015, 18:48 PM  
HeavyWeight

I also eat when I am bored or stress. I can eat fine all day, but in the evening I start to think too much and then want to munch on everything!

Thanks for the welcome Alicat I hope you are getting the support also! So far everyone seems fab!

HW