Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hi All...I'm a newbie :)

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by thriftyslimmer, Jun 6th, 2015 at 15:38 PM.
Jun 6th, 2015, 15:38 PM  
thriftyslimmer

Hi All...I'm a newbie :)

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here. I follow Slimming World, but lately have been really REALLY struggling. I lost 5 stone a while back following SW, but had a complete lifestyle change and have ended up slowing putting it all back on.

I work odd shifts, and often late nights so preparation is definitely key for me.
So glad to have found this forum, hopefully you will see lots more of me

In the meantime I will sit down with a brew on my break at work and have a read of all your fab threads

Katie xx

Jun 6th, 2015, 17:59 PM  
huntress
Maintainer

Welcome to Social Slimmers.

I use to work late shifts in a supermarket and found I needed to be prepared otherwise I would just grab anything off the shelf.And it was always the unhealthy foods.

Jun 6th, 2015, 18:09 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to Social Slimmers!

Shifts can make it a challenge to eat healthy and to plan meals etc. My husband works a different shift every week and he struggles lots with it.

Well done on your past weight loss and best of luck for this weight loss journey

Jun 8th, 2015, 13:30 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Shifts must be a nightmare but once you get the routine going of food prepping you will s mash it. Do you have cooking facilities where you work or are you restricted?

Welcome to Social Slimmers

Jun 8th, 2015, 15:24 PM  
sarahc4536

Hi Katie!

Whilst I'm not a shift worker, I can empathise with your losing the weight and the regaining it... I did exactly the same thing and this is attempt number 2

Hopefully there are lots of fabulous ideas on here for you to keep you going through those shifts! I haven't had chance to browse fully yet myself, but that shall be tonights job after WI

Jun 8th, 2015, 17:31 PM  
thriftyslimmer

Thanks all
We have just moved offices so now have access to a microwave after hours (which was always a problem....got bored of the same old cold food).
Preparation is definitely my problem....I can't be bothered when I get home late after a busy day, then don't have time in the morning to get something sorted before work. I had been starting to waste a lot of money in the work canteen buying horrible sandwiches, knowing full well they wouldn't keep me satisfied until I finished work....
I also found myself stopping at the supermarket on the way home to quickly grab something for tea....and then also grabbing loads of stuff I shouldn't! And then having a bit of a 'poor me' moment at home and binging on it.

But the only way I'm going to change is by changing habits so thank you for welcoming me here, lets do this