Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Newbie!

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by charlie7, Jun 1st, 2015 at 19:11 PM.
Jun 1st, 2015, 19:11 PM  
charlie7

Newbie!

Hi All,

I'm starting a new diet and looking to lose around 10-12st, this is my long term goal! For now I would like to lose 1st 7lbs by July 1st. I'm hoping this goal is reasonable.

I'm 20 years old and have always been overweight since a child, it's time for change and I'm serious this time. I've tried slimming world quite a few times and love the diet, although at the moment I just don't have time to keep up the classes. Knowing the ropes of slimming world is helpful because it means I can do it alone, with the support of this site (hopefully).

First day of my diet has gone really well, and I cant wait to weigh myself at the end of the week (need to invest in some scales first as I've been avoiding them big time). Motivation is my downfall, when people are eating around me I find it so hard to stick to it. I am also a secret eater but this time I'm feeling positive and if I don't make the change now I don't think I ever will.

So hi everyone, I'm Charlie

Jun 1st, 2015, 19:19 PM  
huntress
Maintainer

Welcome to Social Slimmers.

My advice would be to plan your weeks meals and stick to it.Only buy what you need.

I can relate to being a secret eater I done that for 30 years. Could easily eat a whole packet of biscuits or 6 pack of crisps in one sitting.Bread and butter was my downfall along with a packet of crisps sandwiched between 2 slices of bread.

Jun 1st, 2015, 20:29 PM  
missbelle

Hello Charlie! Welcome making better food choices when around other people slowly happens. You can do this #repeat

Belle xx

Jun 2nd, 2015, 07:52 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi Charlie and welcome to Social Slimmers!

Meal planning ahead is a great tip. I find Im more likely to stay on track if I know what Im eating and when. But I totally know what you mean about it being hard with motivation when others around you are eating!

Jun 2nd, 2015, 12:43 PM  
charlie7

Thank you for the tips guys! I'm going to do what I call a 'cookathon' tonight.. Me and my partner will cook lots of meals and freeze them, which I thinks a good idea as I can never be bothered to cook after I get in from work!

I have lots and lots of carrots, I'm thinking about making a carrot and corriander soup, if I can find a good recipe

Jun 2nd, 2015, 13:28 PM  
PaulB

Hi Charlie and welcome. The cookathon sounds like a great idea. Not sure if you were joking about the soup recipe but as they all start with fry an onion, add stock then throw in whatever you want the soup to be. Thought would link a good vegi stock. Not tried this one but is similar to how I would do it :

http://holycowvegan.net/2014/01/vegetable-stock.html

For the soup :

I also roast the carrots before blending as the caramelisation adds a sweet note to the soup. Pinch of salt. Ginger adds the spice in stock and the mushrooms the umami. A small swirl of greek 0% yogurt the sour to finish. Then I drizzle my coriander which I have blended with a small amount of warm water over the carrot soup. Can freeze the remaining herb liquid in an ice cube tray and use as needed. Although freezing dulls the flavour a bit. Anyway have fun

Jun 4th, 2015, 11:51 AM  
charlie7

Hi Paul,

Thank you for that! I've found this recipe for carrot mash, it sounds so yum so im gunna try that too

Jun 5th, 2015, 14:38 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Social Slimmers ... takes most people a little battle to keep that motivation up but you CAN do it and you have to keep telling yourself that. Making better choices becomes a habit but we all have those days we enjoy things too... moderation is another key!

Meal planning is a great idea and keep the multipacks of naughties off the shopping list

My friend makes spicy carrot soup which sounds nice ... must get the recipe!