Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hello I'm new here

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by summersolstice, Jan 31st, 2015 at 21:08 PM.
Jan 31st, 2015, 21:08 PM  
summersolstice

hello I'm new here

I found this site by googling "weightloss forum" and registered in the hopes of gaining some advice on weightloss. a few months ago I weighed myself and calculated my bmi and looking that up online it classifies me as severely obese. my waisteline keeps getter bigger and I keep having to buy new trousers and shirts for work and it's driving me up the wall. one of the main issues is that I have as sweet tooth so I crave sweet stuff, i.e savoury snacks just won't stify me no matter how much I eat of them. I already do a lot but obviously I could do more I've recently added protein bars and a few (what I've heard anyway) are fat burning foods so I'm going to see if that works but some more advice could really help.

Jan 31st, 2015, 23:39 PM  
Mitch

Hi summersolstice

I'm the opposite I have a craving for savory snacks lol. Just as bad as chocolate apparently I don't fully understand protein bars tbh. People on diets seem to use them but so do body builders when they want bulk. Ask in the Shakes, Bars & Supplements forum. Sure someone will have some good advice

Anyway, welcome to the forum

Feb 1st, 2015, 07:14 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I find frozen fruit makes a really nice healthy sweet treat. I especially like frozen bananas as they're a bit like ice cream!

Best of luck

Feb 2nd, 2015, 09:22 AM  
MarieDK

Hi summersolstice and best of luck. I agree with Bev, fruits can really help satisfy cravings for sugary treats. I really like melon as it's sweet and fills me up. Also I like to make a little desert with a small crushed meringue nest, mixed with very low fat quark, some sweetner and frozen raspberries. Feels like you are having a proper treat.

Lots of luck with your weight loss!

Marie

Feb 2nd, 2015, 18:06 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi summersolstice,

Welcome to Social Slimmers!

Best thing to look at is what is in these protein bars? They aren't really for every day general snack, definitely better choices out there.

Have you tried any of the diet plans? Slimming World really gave me a kick start.

Feb 2nd, 2015, 19:29 PM  
summersolstice

Quote:
Quote by Wobbles View Post
Hi summersolstice,

Welcome to Social Slimmers!

Best thing to look at is what is in these protein bars? They aren't really for every day general snack, definitely better choices out there.

Have you tried any of the diet plans? Slimming World really gave me a kick start.

well I found them in the "weight loss" section of the supermarkets, plus I heard somewhere that high protein snacks are good for dieting (help keep you fuller for longer) the problem is I've tried loads of snacking items but only chocolate and sugery stuff seems to satify

and unfortunatly I've tried fruits and they don't satify me.
in terms of alternatives that's why I'm here to find out.

Feb 3rd, 2015, 14:49 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

It's one of those everything in moderation things really, I guess anyhoo haha! I keep meaning to make my own bars then there is nothing extra in there but never add the ingredients to my shopping list I was never a chocolate person really until I wasn't allowed it

High protein lunch options could be an idea? ... greek yogurts, eggs, cottage cheese, peanut butter, chicken! They are the foods I eat, there are more I'm sure but an option to explore maybe? Horrible finding the right way, I'm in that place again now and not sure what direction I am going trying to lose a fairly large gain on the scales .

I'm not a fruit person but take to a small selection of things.

Good luck, hope to see you around the forum...