Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Cheat Day?

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by Ashley, Jan 19th, 2015 at 11:37 AM.
Jan 19th, 2015, 11:37 AM  
Ashley

Cheat Day?

Does everyone have a cheat day? I think that it is necessary to have one every week. What is your opinion on this? Is it a good or a bad idea?

Jan 19th, 2015, 11:59 AM  
Dreamcatcher15

I think it's good but I feel that I might lose control if I start lol x

Jan 19th, 2015, 14:52 PM  
sazzle

I don't, but then if I'm seriously craving something I will often have it, depending if I can shift the urge of wanting it or not.
I don't want the "diet" to become a chore, so if I really wanted a biscuit I'd have one!!!

Jan 19th, 2015, 16:50 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I don't have a cheat day as such, but we do have a big pizza once a week. If I ban everything then I just give in and eat it all eventually!

Jan 19th, 2015, 17:01 PM  
missbelle

I do give into any offers of alcohol on the weekends, is that bad I try to eat good but Sundays are a day I won't be concerned about the lovely roast dinner and the pudding that always follows. MY partners parents make a Sunday dinner you just could not refuse

Belle xx

Jan 20th, 2015, 16:02 PM  
Ashley

That's exactly what I meant. On Sundays, I find it really hard to stick to my diet, so I thought making it a cheat day would be a good idea. That way, I won't feel guilty about it.

Jan 20th, 2015, 17:14 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

If there is a birthday or I'm going out I'm going to enjoy myself. I do relax over the weekend, I will try to pick things I enjoy and wouldn't have in the week like a tub of soured cream with some hot chilli and finish the night on a couple of vodkas or whatever but without going OTT... make takeway style foods instead of ordering etc I think it's easy to say treat day and over indulge but generally I think a day off is a good thing.

Feb 6th, 2015, 18:02 PM  
TeaBag

I have done but tbh then goes on for 2 or 3 days king to have to stop💟

Feb 9th, 2015, 11:49 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Staying to that one day off isn't an easy battle to start with but it does get easier as your change in eating habits becomes the norm... I got to a point where too much bad choice even on a day off made me feel awful and sometimes depending what I have IBS kicks in so no thanks to that!