Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Artificial sweeteners

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by Beanie, Jan 16th, 2015 at 20:15 PM.
Jan 16th, 2015, 20:15 PM  
Beanie

Artificial sweeteners

I add sugar to a lot of my diet and I know that has to stop. There are a lot of artificial sweeteners out there, though, so I thought I would try one. Which one tastes the most like real sugar to you guys?

Jan 17th, 2015, 00:02 AM  
Befit

I used splenda as i tried stevia but i think it taste kind of weird ...to me no artificial ones really TASTE like sugar lol but splenda is the one i use in my coffee

Jan 17th, 2015, 14:33 PM  
Mitch

Silver Spoon Sweetness & Light. I love it Not so-much for cereal but for cooking and coffee it tastes great

Jan 18th, 2015, 13:43 PM  
rory

Not great news but if you just stop using sugar in things, you get used to it and it becomes normal.

Artificial sweeteners aren't a good thing:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282604.php

Jan 19th, 2015, 11:43 AM  
Ashley

I use Splenda as well. I tried other ones but Splenda is the only one that tastes like "normal" sugar. I also use it in my cakes and pastries.

Jan 19th, 2015, 17:07 PM  
missbelle

I have splenda in the cupboard but I cannot get use to it. I have 1 sugar in tea about 5 times a day so didn't think it was too bad?

Belle xx

Jan 19th, 2015, 19:02 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I too like Silver Spoon Sweetness & Light, everything else adds a more bitter taste... I tried 2 in my coffee today, it was rank so I am trying 1 sugar 1 sweetener. Many don't agree with it over the aspartame, I've never got into it but if I lived life avoiding everything that is bad for me I would be shut away in an empty cave and never see the world.

There is natural sugars of course ... I have them in and don't give them ago I just think *CALORIES* ... bad ... maple, honey and agave are meant to be good, I actually only bought agave last week. I might try it next time I want 2 sugars I guess natural is better if you're going to add the numbers!