Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Slow start with the new year

Thread in '

The Naughty Corner

' Forum started by avidian, Jan 5th, 2015 at 14:56 PM.
Jan 5th, 2015, 14:56 PM  
avidian

Slow start with the new year

I am in the naughty corner and I am sure I will be for the next week. I really wanted to get back on the bike and head outside. This week I have caught whatever my spouse had last week and we are expecting a really cold week. They have already called it a winter storm without the winter (no snow, no ice just extremely cold weather coming in). Anyone else want to share the naughty corner with me?

Jan 5th, 2015, 15:05 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hi! I was aiming to get back on track for the new year too but we all ended up with a stomach bug so I was totally off track for even longer! Supposed to be getting back on track now!

Jan 6th, 2015, 02:46 AM  
Befit

Gain a good 5 pounds during the holidays ...! but back at it as today!

Jan 6th, 2015, 03:43 AM  
aboutme

I don't want to be in the naughty corner but I am. I have been on the go here and there and that leaves no time for exercise. I have been sick too. Can't really get a good sweat on when you can't breathe.

Jan 6th, 2015, 14:37 PM  
avidian

From what I have read the flu this year is a lot different than what everyone expected it to me. I thought I did pretty good with handling my spouse being sick for almost two weeks and not having anything. I figured since we received different flu shots maybe I got the good one. As it turns out mine just delayed in inevitable.

I am resting as much as I can but right now food and weight gain is really the last on my list of things to care about right now. And I did gain about five pounds too, we need to start a club!

Jan 6th, 2015, 16:58 PM  
boticelli

It wasn't that some flu shots were good and some not, avidian. One of the flu strains that they thought would be big this year mutated after they came up with the vaccine. The flu shot isn't providing much protection against that particular strain.

Jan 7th, 2015, 03:49 AM  
Poppy

Knock on wood, I haven't gotten sick yet...but I am having trouble fitting into my clothes. Yikes! I too am stuck in the naughty corner. I blame it entirely upon Christmas.

Jan 7th, 2015, 04:08 AM  
Cathlete2015

I just gave birth to a baby the day before Thanksgiving and I swear with all the stress of having a new baby in the house, I've gained weight since I had her instead of losing it! I'm definitely in the naughty corner right now because we've been eating out too much (too tired to cook) and not exercising (too tired, no clearance from doc yet).

Jan 7th, 2015, 09:06 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Quote:
Quote by Cathlete2015 View Post
I just gave birth to a baby the day before Thanksgiving and I swear with all the stress of having a new baby in the house, I've gained weight since I had her instead of losing it! I'm definitely in the naughty corner right now because we've been eating out too much (too tired to cook) and not exercising (too tired, no clearance from doc yet).
Wow, congratulations! Take it easy

Jan 11th, 2015, 15:10 PM  
Ashley

Hi! I am also in the naughty corner and have been since Christmas. But I want to start a diet tomorrow or the day after to get back on track and lose that holiday weight.