Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Slim Fast

Thread in '

Meal Replacements

' Forum started by Poppy, Dec 23rd, 2014 at 06:57 AM.
Dec 23rd, 2014, 06:57 AM  
Poppy

Slim Fast

Anyone a fan of this? I've tried to get into using meal replacement shakes, but the most they seem to do is take the edge off. Slim Fast is the best one I've found so far. The only problem I have with it is that it can taste a little chalky.

Dec 24th, 2014, 02:57 AM  
aboutme

I agree about the chalky flavor. I think a lot of diet shakes taste this way. I do like Slim Fast the most. I only drink the chocolate ones! They taste the most "normal".

Dec 24th, 2014, 16:18 PM  
boticelli

I really like the Slim Fast shakes that I make with the powder. Unfortunately, if I try to do the shakes several days in a row, it makes me have loose bowels. I'm guessing it's because it's more fiber than I'm used to, but I'm not certain.

Dec 29th, 2014, 21:09 PM  
Poppy

I've experimented with making them in a blender, and that seems to help cut down on the chalkiness. I've contemplated making it with soy milk instead to see if that helps the consistency a little. Maybe fruit would help, too. I bet there are recipes out there.

Jan 6th, 2015, 19:55 PM  
Paisley

I also enjoy Slim Fast shakes the best. They seem to have the best flavor out of them all. I only drink the chocolate royal one because chocolate is my favorite flavor. I have never thought about making these with something other than milk. I wonder what it would taste like made with Almond milk? I have made this with fresh strawberries and ice. This makes a wonderful tasting shake.

Jan 6th, 2015, 20:54 PM  
TwylaDee

I haven't drank one in awhile but I used to buy them to take to work for lunch. I preferred the ones that were already made. They aren't as easy to find in a 12 pack carton these days. Not sure why. Maybe I just haven't really been noticing them. They had a coffee flavored one that I really liked.

Jan 7th, 2015, 03:48 AM  
Poppy

Oh, wow, the almond milk and strawberries idea is fantastic! I think I'll have to try that. I bet it might be good with coconut milk, too. They've got all kinds of milk substitutes available these days.

Jan 7th, 2015, 04:11 AM  
Cathlete2015

I have been playing around with the idea of doing Slim Fast for breakfast and lunch for a while, but I'm going to check with my doctor first because I just had a baby. I've done Slim Fast before, though, and I actually like the way the shakes taste -- even the ready-made ones.

Jan 7th, 2015, 09:08 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I have only ever tried Slim Fast once when I was a teenager. I think I tried the strawberry one and quite liked it.

Jan 7th, 2015, 19:05 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Slim fast makes me burp and leave a horrid NON chocolate after taste for a couple of hours after ... I much preferred budget wise the Tesco unltraslim shakes assuming you are in the UK.