Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

How much do I exercise?

Thread in '

Exercise

' Forum started by Kerry28, Oct 10th, 2014 at 19:26 PM.
Oct 10th, 2014, 19:26 PM  
Kerry28

How much do I exercise?

I'm going to the gym 3 times a week for roughly 45-60 minute sessions.
Is this enought or is there anything else that I could be doing?
As my weight loss has stopped.

Oct 13th, 2014, 19:11 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I would say that sounds perfect! You will probably find what works best for you over time. At the moment Im going to the gym a lot but I only do 30 minute workouts at a time. It sounds like you are doing great and I am sure that the weight will soon start dropping again!

Oct 17th, 2014, 19:40 PM  
Kerry28

Thank you, I've decided that I'm going to mix and match with the gym and swimming now because although I do love the gym I do find it can be a bit boring doing the same thing all of the time.
I'm lucky because my gym membership allows me to use the pool to, I need to get my bum in gear really because I've had such a bad week and we all know that one bad week can turn into 2 then 3 etc....... Lol

Dec 3rd, 2014, 07:30 AM  
jeniferJoshua

Quote:
Quote by Kerry28 View Post

Okay listen, Going to gym 3 times a week with 45-60 mins of workout seems perfect but the others days you have to do some indoor workouts like squats and Crunch as this could fasten your metabolism. If you are not able to wake up early try using Alarmy app it just pulls you out of the bed. That's how I get a push out of my bed to do push-ups

Jun 28th, 2015, 16:29 PM  
James35*

Quote:
Quote by jeniferJoshua View Post
Quote:
Quote by Kerry28 View Post

Okay listen, Going to gym 3 times a week with 45-60 mins of workout seems perfect but the others days you have to do some indoor workouts like squats and Crunch as this could fasten your metabolism. If you are not able to wake up early try using Alarmy app it just pulls you out of the bed. That's how I get a push out of my bed to do push-ups
haha I will install the app rightaway! thanks!

Jul 1st, 2015, 16:19 PM  
sarahc4536

If you've only recently started exercising, your weight losses will slow down. As you start to exercise, you get a fluid build up in your muscles and it 'adds' weight. This isn't a bad thing, and you will start losing the weight again, but just don't let yourself fall off the wagon because your losses have slowed down
I'm dying to get back to the gym, but I know if I go back too soon, my losses will slow down and I'll end up throwing everything out of the window (eating things I shouldn't lol) purely because my losses will slow down a lot or stop completely.

Keep at it hun!

Sep 16th, 2015, 09:15 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Working out 3 times a week is all you need and all PTs I've came across say aim for 3 days a week. You could do extras with no pressure if you have time like a mini session at home with squats etc, a run or a trial jog/walk in the free outdoors.

Apr 26th, 2023, 15:44 PM  
timmothysmith01

75 minutes of intense activity or 150 minutes of moderate activity per week are the minimum requirements. Every day, or every other day, should include some form of exercise. reducing the amount of time spent lying down or sitting, and interspersing long periods of inactivity with occasional movement