Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Slow cooker suggestions

Thread in '

Slimming World Recipes

' Forum started by lala82, Oct 6th, 2014 at 11:20 AM.
Oct 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM  
lala82

slow cooker suggestions

hi,

I 'm new to this site but 2 years in slimming world. I have just started using a slow cooker and i'm looking for SW friendly recipes?

I especially want a curry, spag bol, chilli, chicken casserole and beef stew ones.

a lot of them look for flour or creamy stuff to be added

thanks in advance

anything else is a bonus

Oct 13th, 2014, 17:57 PM  
SecondLife

Slow Cooker Chili
Ingredients: 500g ex lean beef mince beef
1 onion, diced
2 cans chopped tomatoes
tomato puree
dried chilli flakes 1/4 tsp
can dark red kidney beans
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon sweetener
Directions: Brown mince with chopped onion, put into sc and Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours. -

ORB add all ingredients to slow cooker cook as above

Oct 13th, 2014, 17:58 PM  
SecondLife

Rich beef stew with mustard mash

1lb 12 oz lean stewing beef, cut into bite size pieces
◾2 garlic gloves, peeled and crushed
◾2 onions peeled and roughly chopped
◾4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
◾21 fl oz beef stock
◾salt and pepper
◾1 bay leaf

For mash

◾2lb potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
◾5 fl oz water or beef stock
◾1 level tsp mustard

◾in frying pan spray with fry lite then Add the beef and stir fry until brown on all sides.
◾Add the garlic, onions, carrots and stock. Season well and add bay leaf and dried mixed herbs. transfer to slow cooker 8hrs low or 6hrs med or 4hrs high app
◾1/2 hrs before serving,make the mash by boiling the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the saucepan with the hot water or stock and mustard. Mash until smooth and season well.

Spoon the mash into warmed serving plates or bowls and ladle over the stew. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving with steamed cabbage.

Serves 4
◾sin free on extra easy

Dec 30th, 2014, 17:10 PM  
avidian

They have a chicken casserole that I remember, I don't have the recipe now since I am on my work computer but it is pretty simple to do from what I remember. I love a good slow cooker anyway since there are many days when I am just too tired or too busy to stand in the kitchen and just wait around for food to magically appear.

Jun 24th, 2015, 12:33 PM  
mummybear12

hi as a vegetarian here are some things I do
my version of mushroom stroganoff
2 onions 2 cloves of garlic
2 carrots
500g mushrooms
4 tbsp of Passata
1 stock cube
2 tsp of smoked paprika or more if wanted
1 tsp of mixed herbs
black pepper
50g of cream cheese hea or 4 syns
chop onion and mushrooms garlic and peel and grate carrots in slow cooker. add tomatoes and herbs stock cube no water as mushroom release loads. cook until quite a thick sauce and just before serving add cream cheese. serve with pasta or rice
optional things worcestshire sauce 1 tbsp onion powder 0.5 tsp garlic powder 0.5 tsp.
we love this
the slimming world morrocan stew on their website I slow cooker that which is nice
I also do veggie chilli with beans or lentils. lentil ragu www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1139652/lentil-ragu I just halve the recipe
also lentils or grated carrot are great for thicken sauces as they break down whilst cooking thickening sauce or you could blend some of what you've cook then put it back in the pot too help thicken it that way.

Jul 17th, 2015, 21:21 PM  
mumtum1108

Quote:
Quote by SecondLife View Post
Rich beef stew with mustard mash

1lb 12 oz lean stewing beef, cut into bite size pieces
◾2 garlic gloves, peeled and crushed
◾2 onions peeled and roughly chopped
◾4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
◾21 fl oz beef stock
◾salt and pepper
◾1 bay leaf

For mash

◾2lb potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
◾5 fl oz water or beef stock
◾1 level tsp mustard

◾in frying pan spray with fry lite then Add the beef and stir fry until brown on all sides.
◾Add the garlic, onions, carrots and stock. Season well and add bay leaf and dried mixed herbs. transfer to slow cooker 8hrs low or 6hrs med or 4hrs high app
◾1/2 hrs before serving,make the mash by boiling the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the saucepan with the hot water or stock and mustard. Mash until smooth and season well.

Spoon the mash into warmed serving plates or bowls and ladle over the stew. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving with steamed cabbage.

Serves 4
◾sin free on extra easy
I'm certainly going to try this next week