Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Hiya is it doeable

Thread in '

Slimming World

' Forum started by sharon, Aug 10th, 2014 at 16:34 PM.
Aug 10th, 2014, 16:34 PM  
sharon

hiya is it doeable

Hi I've got 3 stones to lose in 4 months is it possible or am I been too ambitious :-)

Aug 10th, 2014, 18:34 PM  
Rebseydrink

I dint think it would be healthy to loose that much weight in such a small space of time. If you loose it slowly you are more likely to keep it off.

Aug 10th, 2014, 18:34 PM  
Prinny

Hi, it's possible but I think it would need to be a fairly drastic diet for that big a loss in such a short time. I shed 2st in 8 weeks on a total food replacement diet once, hard going but worked.

Aug 10th, 2014, 19:58 PM  
sharon

Thanks I'll just have to be patient then lol :-)

Aug 11th, 2014, 16:31 PM  
Lisa

If u work it out that's just under 3 pounds each week for the next 4 months. I think that's doable. Most people seem to b losing 2 to 3 pounds each week. Best of luck 😃

Aug 11th, 2014, 17:15 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I was losing 3-4lbs for a week for a while but weight loss does slow down unless you take drastic measures which isn't advisable. Is there a reason you want to lose so quickly?

If you can try and avoid the drastic measures lose healthily you are most likely to maintain that weight.

Welcome to the forum

Aug 20th, 2014, 13:48 PM  
Rachael

We have a person at our Slimming World group who has lost three stone three pounds in just under six months. She won the sash last week for the Group slimmer or something and so she (Helen) has done extremely well. Helen stays to class and I know she sticks to plan and walks a lot too. I feel to lose three stone in four months maybe a little too ambitious but there is no harm in losing as much as you can. Unless you are planning on being a Jockey or a Boxer I doubt you have to achieve the weight you are after so any loss will be a bonus surely?

Aug 20th, 2014, 18:05 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I think it's doable as I've heard of people losing that much in that time. Weight loss is sometimes much quicker at the start of the diet and then slows down later on, so you'll probably have good losses in the first few months. Sometimes it's also true that losing more slowly can help to keep the weight off though, so it's all a matter of finding a good balance and not depriving yourself