Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

I need to stop snacking!

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by Mummabee, Jul 16th, 2014 at 19:31 PM.
Jul 16th, 2014, 19:31 PM  
Mummabee

I need to stop snacking!

Hello again everyone.

I lurk a lot as a guest but lately I feel I need some help, a push. I have a lot of weight to lose, if you don't mind I would rather not disclose this I have been losing weight very slowly but I lose some and add more mostly but most of all I know why and I need to stop.

I snack too much..the kids left over chicken nugget/chips or when they have a biscuit I do etc. My meals don't seem to satisfy me but I know this is a habit I need to stop. How did others cope? Do you think because I am heavily over weight my body wants more so feels more hungry? I really struggle. I don't want to join any local groups due to personal reasons.

Mummabee

Jul 17th, 2014, 00:00 AM  
Befit

i need to stop snacking too

Jul 18th, 2014, 14:32 PM  
TwylaDee

I hear you, Mummabee. I have the same issues. I think most of us do. Some days I feel like I could eat everything and still I feel hungry.

Have you tried drinking water or tea when you feel that urge to snack begin to take over? Another thing that sometimes helps me is to poke my head outside and take a few deep breaths.

I have to remind myself that the food isn't going anywhere. I don't have to eat it all right now.

Jul 18th, 2014, 16:01 PM  
GingerJV

We all have this problem! you are not alone! you can snack as much as you want as long as snacks are healthy!! use fruits, veggies, fat and sugar free yog! a bit of nuts can help as well (but not many it's high in calories). drink more water and green tea.

Jul 19th, 2014, 08:20 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

It can be really hard not to snack, especially when it has become a habit. I can be the same way too, especially with the leftovers!
If you feel that your meals aren't satisfying you then maybe up the calories a little and add more fat and protein to make it more satiating for longer. They also say to wait for 20 minutes after a meal before you decide to eat more, as this is the time that the brain takes to realise that you're actually full

Jul 19th, 2014, 23:39 PM  
shaniaslim

What if you look at it another way? I forget to eat...a LOT... and I know that this is why my metabolism slows down and my weight loss comes to a halt. What if you make it a point to snack through the day instead of having full meals? That might keep you from being hungry all the time and tempted to eat things that you might need to avoid.

Jul 20th, 2014, 09:03 AM  
KatieMac

Quote:
Quote by Mummabee View Post
Hello again everyone.

I lurk a lot as a guest but lately I feel I need some help, a push. I have a lot of weight to lose, if you don't mind I would rather not disclose this I have been losing weight very slowly but I lose some and add more mostly but most of all I know why and I need to stop.

I snack too much..the kids left over chicken nugget/chips or when they have a biscuit I do etc. My meals don't seem to satisfy me but I know this is a habit I need to stop. How did others cope? Do you think because I am heavily over weight my body wants more so feels more hungry? I really struggle. I don't want to join any local groups due to personal reasons.

Mummabee
You are not alone! I grew up really poor and feeling like food was a luxury and that if there is ever food around I need to eat it all right then, so I had to retrain my body and mind that there IS enough food. It can be tough, but what worked for me is to tell myself, "I don't NEED to eat that"...I also had a feeling like if no one saw me eat, then it didn't "count", which isn't true of course.

I started my weight loss journey turning into a "grazer", eating a little bit all the time. It worked for me and for my metabolism and for the way my brain works. I just have to watch the types of things I graze on and it actually worked better than eating big meals...

I think you are on the right road, now it's just a matter of finding what works for you!