Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Snacks!

Thread in '

Slimming World

' Forum started by Lisa, Jul 16th, 2014 at 14:25 PM.
Jul 16th, 2014, 14:25 PM  
Lisa

Snacks!!!

Hey peeps I was wanting to know what people r snackin on I mean I'm tryin to stick to 3 meals aday an snack on fruit inbetween but fancy sum scrambled egg so would that b classed as another meal I know it's free but do people eat more than 3 meals??? Can u really eat when u want as long as it's free an superfree?? Do u lose more weight if u eat more? X x

Jul 16th, 2014, 15:20 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I eat 3 meals, actually often 2 I am terrible for breakfast if I don't have a shake.

Eggs are good for you but I would say in moderation, they are high calories. I love SW but not always their totally free list... that's just me though

I would try swapping around what you snack on and not stick to the same thing though so a scrambled egg could be part of that?

The balance of eating more to lose weight I have NEVER got my head round Once I hit a plateau and I nervously upped my food and I came out of it. Try eating clean and healthy most times, I'll never be 100% good

Jul 16th, 2014, 15:32 PM  
Hatch28

Hi Lisa,

Im pretty sure you can eat as much as you want as long as your within your syns and everything is worked out in thirds on your plate.

I generally have the following in the cuboard for snacks:

Walkers Pops 4syns per 19g pack
Kellogs Fruit Winders only 1 Syn
Activia Intensly Creamy vanilla only 2 1/2 syns nice and thick and fills you up especially if you add fruit to it.
Ive started buying little packets of Frootz Buttons 3 1/2 syn a pack they are yummy
Snack a Jacks Caramel 2 1/2 Syns I think only 2 syns if you choose the cheesy ones.

My Friday Treat is a Freddo at 5 Syns but just keeps my chocolate cravings at bay.

Fruit Wise, I'm mixing it up each week instead of having the same fruit, so Ive started buying watermelon, strawberries one week and grapes and oranges the next etc.

Another Tip if you get Hungry, I go for a half hour walk and normally I'm not hungry when I get back. I think also I read somewhere that food cravings last for 20 minutes so I just try and ride them out lol

Hope this helps

x

Jul 16th, 2014, 16:50 PM  
Avocado

I don't know, I think you have to have some type of balance. If you are still hungry and it's not making you heavier or adding other health problems, then I say go for it. I'm not sure you can eat all you want like a buffet though.

Jul 16th, 2014, 17:50 PM  
Lisa

Great thanku guys....I appreciate your input x x

Oct 9th, 2014, 15:25 PM  
Pearlie

I was told you should never feel hungry on the SW plan if you are doing it properly

Lets hope that's true LOL! I'm quite new to the SW plan and I eat 3 meals a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner) but lately I've been exercising more so I've been having snacks in between too which is usually a fat free yoghurt and some fruit or some chicken on Red day.

I find I'm less hungary on Green days for some reason but mix between Red & Green so I don't get bored. Drinking water can help with feeling hungary too

Good Luck!

Jan 22nd, 2015, 16:48 PM  
Lisa.Lawson

Breakfast Bars, Mini Chocolates, Biscuits and Fruits. I've noticed if your feeling peckish to always have a glass of water prior to eating. This helped me feel more full and I didn't need to snack again for a little while.

Lisa.Lawson

Also, eating the food slowly and enjoying every part of it than shoving it in my face hehe. Made me feel much more full.

Lisa.Lawson

Try avoid too much Bread - There are far too many carbs!

Jan 25th, 2015, 09:18 AM  
EmilyJade

I tend to snack on grapes, apples and pears