Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

What do you do to relieve sore muscles?

Thread in '

Exercise

' Forum started by Befit, Jun 23rd, 2014 at 21:57 PM.
Jun 23rd, 2014, 21:57 PM  
Befit

What do you do to relieve sore muscles ?

I know the best is cold shower or bath ...but its torture !!!

I have a massage gift certificate i am going to use SOON !!!

What do you do ?

Jun 25th, 2014, 19:02 PM  
GingerJV

I do use cold shower;-)) Yes it is torture) But actually i do not know other ways! Maybe only some medical creams and of course massage;-)

Jun 25th, 2014, 19:04 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I have never heard of cold showers before. It sounds like torture having to stand in a cold shower when you're aching all over from so much exercise!
I have heard hot baths with Radox bubble bath can help to ease muscle pain but I've never tried it.

Jun 25th, 2014, 22:40 PM  
Befit

Actually i hurt that hot bath are not good ( i still do that so !!! ) but yes cold is suppose to be the best ! ( From what i read ! )

I am still sore from the half marathon sunday...i am drinking my soreness away that seen to help too !

Jun 26th, 2014, 09:51 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Glad the drink helped!

I'm aching today from yesterday's gym workout but I can't bring myself to sit in a cold bath!

Sep 23rd, 2015, 23:02 PM  
MrNiceGuy

Relieve Sore Muscles

Immediately afterwards and up to 24 hours after exercise, while muscles are still warm, cold therapy should be employed, to help reduce inflammation and soreness.

In the 24-48 hours after exercise, to help reduce/remove stiffness, heat therapy should be applied. Friction massage, for example, is also pretty effective since the action warms the muscle, thus encouraging blood flow to the affected muscles, helping to remove the lactic acid that's causing the stiffness.

Sep 24th, 2015, 07:37 AM  
runyoucleverboy

Stretching, stretching and once again - stretching. After workout.

Sep 24th, 2015, 13:12 PM  
BlueBoxGeek

Stretching is the only thing I have ever had really help me. And some light exercise, so if I am hurting from running / squats.... I will take a little lunch time walk and ease out the muscles.

I do enjoy a soak in the bath with Epsom salts. Not sure if it does any help in the longer term but feels good while doing it! Be careful getting out with sore legs!

Oct 7th, 2015, 10:45 AM  
PaulB

Totally random stuff but might be of interest to the curious :

Hydrolyzed White Fish Protein - speeds up recovery from wounds and helps the body repair fast - Stinks and supposedly been predigested by something that makes the protein fast to process. Yuk!

If you live near a Chinese community might find a shop selling Wisest Oil - used by martial artists throughout history as a rub to recover fast after a brutal days training.

Do they work? Who knows but they are used. Might be worth looking into. I have an old recipe for Wisest oil somewhere. Am sure is nothing too outlandish.